Flip Phones?

Discussion in 'General' started by jreis, Nov 25, 2013.

1. #1 jreis, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    Anyone else out there still rockin wit their flip phone from 08?

Laugh if you want homies, but I don't think I need all that extra technology that the new phones have these days. Just call, text, that's it.

And I feel like big companies are just trying to lure you in for more cash, you know? Like designers can prevent your phone from breaking, but they don't.

Anyway, I'm not against iPhones and shit but I wanna know if there's any other person out there on GC rockin the flip? Or does anyone else feel this way?

2. I don't have a smart phone, but it's not a flip phone.

3. I rocked an accolade until this iPhone 5c :)

4. I was rockin a flip phone until a year ago, it had more electrical tape than plastic haha. I rock penny phones/ my friends phones that haven't been used in over a year. I currently have one with a simple slide out keyboard ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385363570.298758.jpg

My brother is still rockin the lg rumor from like 5 years ago lol...
    I don't see a point in having a brand new phone all the time.... My phone calls and texts and last time I checked that's what phones are supposed to do

Sent from woah sweet Grasscity Forum

5. I have a flip android. When bitches be calling, I flip it and play this sniper game with stick figures on this here phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Exactly. Alright, I'm not the only one thinking this then

7. #7 Toastin', Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    To be honest I could survive with a flip phone and no texting. As long as the connection was good Id be cool with just phone calls. Maybe thats because im "lame" and rarely text.

8. I could go back to a basic phone from my smartphone.  Would save me some money too.  The only thing keeping me from tossing it is google maps which has saved my ass countless times.  I hate getting turned around again and again trying to find a place i'v never been before.  Especially with my side seat driver girlfriend.  I know I could get a TomTom in the car but I don't like the idea of having it sitting on my dash or hanging anywhere else and also having to put it away every time I park so no one smash and grabs my shit.  Hopefully my next ride will have built in GPS.

9. Before i use to have those phone but now i switch to touch screen and for me they are perfect.

10. If I didn't have my smartphone I wouldn't be posting this. I made the switch in 09 and never looked back.

11. According to Breaking Bad flip phones are rampant

12. I'm still using the sidekick 3 with the new message voice every time

13. #13 Deleted member 42976, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    i currently have a shitty android but once this piece of shit phone dies im just going to get something basic.

i feel like smart phones are made to break so companies make more money off of people having to buy them multiple times a year.

14. I don't have a flip phone but I have a basic phone. Calls and Texting is all that's necessary. It's crazy how much people would pay for a smart phone.

15. I haven't had a flip phone since my Razr called it quits in 2006.

16. Haha i still got one i never use my upgrades but when ppl see it they laugh and call it the dinosaur phone.

17. My dad still uses a flip phone, sorry but way too prehistoric for my ass. I need my fancy phone. 

Keyboard phones where much better. 

18. yeah i have an LG flip phone from when verizon bought out unicel in '09.

still works well, battery lasts a few days so no complaints here. i don't have texting in my plan, either.

i rarely use my phone though, call me old fashioned but i prefer face to face communication to cell phones/internet.

19. ion know theres so much more u can do with smartphones but to go out and buy a new iphone for 500+ is beyond me when i can get an android that does the same and more

561 Palm Beach County all day

20. Some of those things I swear are fucking indestructible. I miss my pre paid flip phone haha.