Flavoring My Buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LF425, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Hey guys the other day I was thinking about growing some pot plants with orange, lemon, or lime peels in hopes of adding some flavor to the buds.  I'm just wondering if anyone on here has tried to do anything like this and if it worked.  I'm willing to try what ever anyone suggests so give me some ideas.

2. They have strains that have those flavors, why not grow those. Other than that I have no experience trying to induce flavors outside of a good cure.

3. I totally forgot about the flavored strains, but where I live  its hard to find any kind of strain

4. That's funny seeing as how most banks (like Herbie's) have global shipping.  Herbie's has a nice Super Lemon Haze that I have grown a few times (I have one finishing up in a couple days).  It has one of the most tasty lemon flavors I have come across.

5. Never quite understood why someone would want to flavor it, I like the differences in taste. Maybe if your smoking weed that tastes like sweaty butt crack, but if so, you either need a better hook up or your growing the wrong genetics for you. Other then that just get good seeds, there are trusted banks that will deliver too you no matter where you live.

6. Have you eve tried the lemon kush headband by (hambult) or how ever it's spelled?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. No, but I would.  ;)

8. Sounds like you would Iove Jilly Bean. I'm growing it right now and even in veg the mango/orange/citrus smell is so recognizable.

9. I have smoked Jilly and don't like the flavor as much as the Super Lemon Haze.  

10. These are all good ideas, but I was looking to do it myself ya know.  I was wondering if anyone has tried to grow their one strain.

11. #11 Airf0nz0, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    HEY BLADES this guy is asking a question so lets try to help him out.  Instead of offering our advice of what would be better maybe we can try to just answer his question.

12. Super Lemon Haze is my fav as well. I am harvesting 3 monster plants next week and can't wait!

13. this will not add flavor, lol

grow strains with these kind of terp profiles

14. I use Flavor Jars.. They are easy to use and it only takes like 2-3 hours. They are cool cause I can use the jar to stash my stash anywhere, they fit good in the back of the sock drawer and in my jacket pocket when I want to take it with me.

15. You should try lemon larry og kush. Local favorite, also believe it won something at the 2014 cannabis cup.

Let's Smoke About It....
    - Adam Demamp

Organic Grow Journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357687-Sade's-Solar-Adventures

16. Adding essential oils and sugars are a bad idea after harvest, the change needs to come from the uptake and transpiration while alive.

You want to change the flavor after the grow.....smoke blunts....I NEVER recommend it is unhealthy

17. The best way to find out is to experiment! Try it out and let us know the results.

If adding a substance to the soil made pot taste anything like that substance, then most organically grown pot would taste like shit (literally).

It doesn't work like that. Complex compounds can't be absorbed by the roots. The plant gets nutrition from the roots through osmosis. Complex compounds have to break down into simple compounds before they are usable by the plant.

Adding anything to pot after it's harvesting might be good for making edibles, but adding anything to bud you are going to smoke will only the smoke harsher and probably add more carcinogens.

As others have already said, the way to make pot taste better is to start with genetics that has good flavor and finish by keeping it healthy and happy so it can produce the flavor it's capable of producing.

19. If you could just get growing good pot figured out then you wouldn't want it to taste like anything else.

j