flavor and color alterations pre harvast

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MrPopadoplois, Jun 20, 2008.

1. so i plan on legally growing indoor plans and i have heard people talk about using juice extracts and or food coloring to dye the plant and color the buds and the extract of what ever variant gives the bud the same flavor when burning. exhale, inhale. how do you do this?

2. why? why do you want to color ur plant? if it is the "purps" you want then order a strain. not guaranteed to color though. & 4 flavor a good homegrown bud does not need to be covered up. i don't get it please explain?

3. Color alterations and flavor are due to strain genetics, not because of dyes and colorings.
    I dont know who told you that idea, read up on strain genetics and choose a seed bank
    after you make a choice on what you want.

4. it can be done i have smoked flavored plants, its just customizing your plant and saying ya bitch thats my shit you be smoking. The flavor goes with the same idea of hookah its just flavored weed, orange, lemon, mint etc... i have had blue berry that was died blue to look even more like blue berry. i just don't know how to do it. help???

5. That just sounds horrible why would you wanna destroy something so good with dyes and flavors. Mary jane tastes great all by herself. I don't know a single person who has used flavoring additives and color additives I have never even heard of. Nor would I want to smoke food coloring. I'm with everyone else it's the strain man. I'm pretty sure the lines of flavored hookah tabbacco are just chemicals.... I'm tellin' ya its not that simple as adding a dye just read up some more.

6. Pre harvest, I don't know...

But I saw something called "tasty puff" in a head shop a few weeks ago. Out of curiosity I bought some for a few bucks, I chose the orange flavor.

You're supposed to put a drop on your bud and let it dry. Totally makes it smell like orange, but not much effect on taste.

It's more of a novelty though.

I suppose you could experiment by adding flavor concentrates to your water - these can be obtained from any number of flavor houses online..