Flat white paint to reflect light onto plant

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by beanage03, May 27, 2009.

1. Can i use any white paint to paint the walls of my grow box?

just every 1 seems to say flat white paint, is this a certain white which works best ?

2. #2 Fungardner, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
    Yea that should work fine OR use glossy. Eithe rone. If your box is plastic, take a piece of fine grit sand paper and rough it up a little for better adhesion. Good luck with your grow.

Peace...FG

3. Flat white is one of the preferred methods for reflecting light, more so than glossy white. Go for it!

4. If flat white is acceptable whats the difference between Mylar?? Not sure if thats what its called. But both reflect would mylar be the better choice, or when it comes to reflecting light does it truly matter. I know not to use tin foil cause it reflects the heat as well....?:confused:

5. Mylar reflects better than white paint. It also reflects quite a bit of heat so make sure you have proper ventilation. I would go with white paint because it's a) cheaper b) wont get dirty or possibly tear like mylar will. Both are good though.

6. As you've read my other thread of "Will this work" If i do go thru with the cistern... Shoudl i just flat white paint the walls or throw up mylar? I'm worried about heat, but then i'm worried about cold. I'm figuring humidity's gonna be a bitch in it.:confused: