Flame defender fire extinguisher.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by voudim, Jun 28, 2011.

1. #1 voudim, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    Hi fellow growers! Recently my best friend got his medicinal marijuana card in CA, and I agreed to build a small grow 1-3 plants.

Well he is never home and told me he would get paranoid leaving his house and thinks his house is going to burn down, I've found the solution!

It's called "Flame Defender Fire Extinguishers" This simple fire extinguisher uses a temp gauge and when it hits around 300 degrees it release and puts out the fire. just mount it on top of the grow and now you have insurance that your grow will ether look like a snow man instead of a burning house! The best part of the whole thing is they have specific sizes from 4lb - 25lb canisters. ranging from 4-$35-$80 here a video and the site

Flame Defender Fire Extinguishers

My question is 1. this worth getting Im already on a budget for the whole grow.
    I'd imagine puting a 120mm fan on the gauge so the HPS lamp doesnt activate it!
    2. is this reliable? Meaning what happens if the Fire extinguisher gets old are there refills?

2. If it gives him peace of mind then go for it, but plants do require maintenece and if he`s hardly ever home with no one else to take care of them then maybe he should reconsider about growing.