FLA outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by dre2005, May 29, 2006.

1. update: the plant is now entering wk 6 of flowering and getting bigger than ever... the top cola is now a good 2 1/2ft tall and the secondary colas are around 1 1/2-2ft tall... i have 11 secondary colas plus the primary cola which makes 12 colas, plus all the misc. buds that i didn't count... i'm expecting 10-12oz dry weight when finished... i have a couple spiders livin on the plant, but i dont mind them, they seem to be killing all the bad bugs, because the plant looks phenomenal.... as i said before, all of my plants last year would turn yellow around this time from exerting all of their energy to the buds, but this one is stayin green and healthy... i believe its because i didnt feed any nutes last year... i admin their wk 6 feeding-indonesian bat guano mixed with alaska morbloom and its working really well.i cant wait to get pics up because i know all will be impressed... bear with me people, pictures will come.... peace out everybody.... by the way, whats the usual flowering time;i always thought it was 9-12wks depending on the plant... is this correct?

2. can go from 6weeks(top 44 and hashplant) to 16+ ( some various exotic sativas)

cant week to see some pics dude :)

3. most probably fall in the 8 to 10 week zone. i also can't wait to see some pics. I just went exploring today with a friend and found an even better spot for guerilla growing than we had picked out before. perfect place. also found a wildlife sanctuary that has exotic leopards and tigers! this thing is only like 2-3 miles away, and I never knew it was there. how cool. going back there soon for a tour and maybe volunteer there :)

4. exotic cats and leapords? you near citrus park mall?

5. great news... the buds are noticeably swelling every day... one question, its 94 degrees with about 60 percent humidity... is it true that once the plant gets above 85 degrees F. that growth virtually stops? at night it gets around 71-75 degrees, so i guess my plants do their grown at night... by the way, the plant is starting to stink more and more, which is a good thing.. peace out

6. the temps outside are fine... it's a tropical plant. if it's out in fresh air and everything it will be able to handle the heat. the hotter the better outside actually... hotter climate = the plant builds up more resin to protect itself

and I'm not sure what place you're talking about that has those animals near citrus park... no, this is in my county. it's a sanctuary for rescued animals...

7. i'm in h'borough... how bout you

8. I'm a little paranoid, so I answered you in a PM.

9. update: we're entering week 7 now, and one question; since i fed through the veg stage and also through the flowering stage with some guano, and morbloom, when should i begin to "flush" the plant with distilled water daily? soon, or wait?

10. bout 2 weeks from harvest... although it's not a big deal since you're using organic (I think)... usually that's more for chemical ferts but you can still flush if you want. you going to get pics up? waiting til harvest for pics.. or...?

11. hey, well eleven days into hurricane season, and i'm experiencing alberto... my lady out there is handling it pretty well... not really any extreme winds, 60-70mph winds expected, so it wont be bad... i hate hurricane season

12. WEll welcome to my world, i live in St. Maarten (huricane alley) strange enough none passed our way last year and all went to the USA :) but yet Bush doesnt believe in global warming and changing Current Trends because of it :)

All the better for me :) they can all go there, gives us a damn break.

13. lol, yeah I know man.... it gets here tomorrow. I have some seedlings outside too! I bet they are goners, but there's nothing I can do for them.. no room for them inside right now... we better not get a ton of hurricanes again this year. that shit was ridiculous before.

14. i agree... two years ago was a bad year for my area-power was out for three weeks at a time

15. alright, i'm about midway through week seven of the flowering process, and the hairs are about 50/50 orange/white... the buds are developing nicely,and the fan leaves are beginning to look a little yellow-i'm guessing the plant is using the nutes out of them... one question though, i noticed that theres a colony of ants that appeard to have chewed a hole in the base of the plant and are going up and down the plant... are ants known to eat holes or chunks out of the stem? i'm really worried; everything was going really well and i can tell theres only a couple more weeks left, if that... in the middle of posting this actually, a good friend of mine, that also grows outdoors, suggested flavored tums.. i took one outside to an antbed right behind my house and the ants flocked to it... i then placed about four or five around the base of the plant... and if i had to guess, i would give the plant two more weeks tops before i chop it down...has anyone heard of using tums to kill ants and not affect the plant?

16. update: i place raid ant stakes around my plant.. they dont release any toxic stuff, the ants just go in and grab the poison and take it back to the queen. it said that it was safe to use in gardens and i told the salesperson at home depot that i was growin tomatoes and that i was going to be placing them directly in the garden and he said that these should do the trick... some input would be appreciated... dont be hatin

17. update: entering week 8 of flowering, and the sun leaves are beginning to turn yellow... i'm guessing this means that the buds are using the nutes out of them, so i'm not real worried about it... also, the ants are viscous... they have eaten bald spots on some of the stems.. i will see a group of about 20-30 all on the same spot.. i'm guessing they're eating the sugar out of the stem... is this a bad thing? please, someone reply

18. Ants eating your plant sounds pretty bad to me. If that poison didn't work I'd grab a magnifying glass and a sunny day :devious:...well maybe a lil impractical but the point is yeah kill em all. They're probly gettin high the sons of bitches!

19. well, the day is almost here to chop her down... the traps eliminated the ant prob., and i spread a whole nother bag of mulch around the bigass base of the plant... good news-my friend will be bringing his digi cam over soon for pics to make all you guys jealous... also, does an outdoor plant need to be flushed? i have been giving it ferts every two weeks in the flowering... if it does need to be flushed, what kind of water? if it makes any difference, its been raining quite a bit here recently so that might flush the plant for me... anyways, i cant wait to show you guys my massive lady; i know it will make all of you drool.. one last question, is it normal for a plant to be almost done for lat. 28... i'm pretty sure thats where i'm at...

20. finally, my buddy's coming over today with the digi cam and i'm going to show all you'll haters that haven't been replying due to lack of pics... its cool though, i like to see pics to.... anyways, pics should be up shortly... please reply..