FLA outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by dre2005, Jun 30, 2006.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the first one is the two young mango plants,
    the second two is my female afganxkush plants,
    the last few is my older strawberry fields plant... and everythings outdoor if you cant tell... nothing beats the sun

2. The first few pics look good, but the last few look very droopy.
    It could just be the strain or outdoor growing but it looks like that plant needs a big drink.

3. it went a couple days with out water and i just waterd it after taking the pics... what do you think about the one thats flowering... pretty tight huh... it looked really good in week 2-5 of flowering, but lately the leaves have been turning yellow, and it doesnt look as good,but the buds are getting large.

4. Man I wish I had a place to grow outside. That flowering plant just looks solid. I wouldn't worry about the leaves yellowing, it's normal towards the end of flowering as the plant uses up its nutrients to give you bud. Isn't that nice of them?

5. if you recall the ant prob... those little white round things near the bottom of the plant are those raid ant traps.. they seem to be working half way decent.. thanks for the input man.. your plants look pretty solid as well..

6. Looks nice........how long has that one been flowering? Seems early in the year to be that far along. Hope those mango plants turn out to be girls. I just went out to my spot and took some pics and gave a feeding of guano. What kind of ferts are you using?

7. i used alaskan fish fert through the veg, and indonesian bat guano mixed with some alaska morbloom.... its worked out really well for me... ya, it is early to be flowering , but i can pretty much grow year round where i'm at

8. Are those pics of a 2006 grow?? Mine are nowhere near flowering yet, still in full veg mode. Maybe it has someting to do with your low latitude. And if you will forgive me, they look a bit small to be flowering, you won´t get much off them.

9. only the last four are pics of flowering.. its a little over five feet tall, and i'm expecting around 8-10 oz dry off of it.. the others obviously are still in the veg... the one thats flowering is also about 5 ft around.. i cant fit my arms around the plant...and i can grow year round in fla

10. Hey dude looking good. You need some ferts on those girls for sure. Also you are right, you can grow year around but you end up with some funky looking plants like the pic you posted of the one flowering.

I think that you are over shooting your yeild a little bit also that plant is maybe 3 feet tall but all is looking pretty good.

I dont want to clog up your thread with my pics but just for comparson this plant is 5 feet tall and 4.5 feet wide and looks double the size of the plant you say is 5 feet!

good luck
    -Lots

ps: if you want me to delete that pic I will be more than happy to
    [​IMG]

11. How can you grow year round? It's way too cold in the winter in florida, and the plants down there shouldent be flowering yet, thats very odd.

- Vince

12. Lotts- first, the pic was taken at an angle, they were measured with a tape measure-FACT
    second- the plant that was flowering is fixing to be harvested, if you are the experienced grower that you think, you should know, no ferts in the last two weeks of the plants life, only distilled water to flush the system.. and for the record, this isn't my first time growing, i know that when the bud drys it looses 75-80% of the weight.. i will post pics of the final weight to you in a private msg..

Vincent- i'm not sure why they're flowering either, all i can say is that global warming is happening and times are changing- People, you can grow year round here in the gunshine state, even in the winter... i've lived here all of my life and have never seen snow... yes, i may have to bring the babies inside a couple of nights, but thats manageable... anyways, continue to watch and see the way the bud turns out/smokes if your lucky... peace out

13. Dude you dont have to prove anythig to me:) I was just curious If you like though, next time you go out put a 2 litre bottle or something everyone can compare it:D Also I would not recomend that you harvest those girls just yet. You have 14 hours of light rite now and declining. If I were you I would let those girls go for another month! you will get way more bud.

the pics seem like they got a ways to go to fill in:cool:

I hope for the best of luck to you my friend:hello: :hello:

Stay Safe
    -Lots

14. i feel you lotts; i didn't say my plant was 5ft wide, i said 5ft around... your plant looks to be like possibly 7-8 ft around... my plant is only about 3 1/2-4 ft wide...in one of the pics i had my hand and part of my arm in the pic to show just the size of the tip of the top cola... one question, is that one plant or two in the pic you posted on my journal.. oh, and for the record, next time just post a link to your journal, not just one pic

15. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

opps my bad. I guess I should have read a little closer:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ya im not sure how "big around it is because I just measure the height and width. I'm 6'5 and my buddy is 6' and we can't join hands around it cause we tried. So I would imagine it is prob a bit bigger:D :D

so long for now I have to go get batterys for the camera cause I have quite a few babys here i want to take pics of. If I could send you a few I would dude cause I am tired from putting so many out this year:bongin:

16. thats real tight.. is that only one plant in the pic you had the link to?

17. The reason that you have one plant flowering i think is because it's a ruderalis type plant. Ruderalis is different from sativa and indica, and can flower whenever, reguardless of daylight hours. It supposedly has very little thc though, anyone agree? I just did a little research, not 100%

- Vince

18. you're right about the ruderalis part, but this plant isn't a ruderalis... it came from a sac of strawberry cough... i think the flowering is due to the location in which the plant is in. i.e.- there's a large tree close by that blocks the sun completely triggering the flowering process to begin, and i planted the seed a long time ago... you're way off on the whole ruderalis thing...

19. I suppose, but im also from the "gunshine state", and i have seen plants in similar situations in my buddys backyard, and his arent flowering. However every plant is different, maybe its an early flowering strain with ruderalis genetics, in order to get an early harvest? I dunno, just guessing =]

- Vince

20. the flowering plant is hanging right now and it should be done drying within the next couple days. after smoking some with my friends, everyone was ripped with a really intense head high... :hello: , anyways, i have the smaller ones in the ground now, and i even clipped the nodes a couple of days ago on both of the mango plants. they look excellent, i will hope to get pics up soon.