Fishing seat box cfl grow.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by LowRyderBlue, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Firstly 2 northern lights beans germinating as I speak. The box is a large plastic daiwa seat box (24"x12"x14") with 2x26w 2700k cfls above the pots. The soil is my own blend I've been using for 2 year now. I'll eventually be using miracle-gro nutes and will be vegging for 2 weeks. I'm hoping I can train the plants sideways to use the space effectively. Pics will be up as soon as my laptops fixed.

2. So my babies finally broke ground about 5 hours ago and I'm surprised (lc brains seeds with a 2 germed 2 sprouted ratio = 100% win). It's vegging time :D

3. Not sure why I'm even updating but the seedlings are at 2 inch tall with first true leaves already at a decent size, personally they're growing fast besides the whole week they took to sprout.

4. Get some pics up man!

5. Pics will be up in roughly 8 hours that's when I finish work. I've temporarily moved the plants due to the amount of light leaks all over it so they now have a recycled corrugated 'structure', they're still happy though so ah well.

6. Ive just found one I took when they first sprouted. The first day above ground after 17 hours of light. Enjoy =)

Attached Files:

7. THe latest pic I think maybe 4 or 5 days old.

Attached Files:

8. 2 days on and reduced to 1 21w cfl but still growing well. Need to rethink where to hide the little bugger. Any original suggestions?

Attached Files:

9. Yesterdays pic also found a rogue wood louse in the soil which has been disposed of :)

Attached Files:

10. Subbed, I tried growing a few plants in a 25 by 15 by 15 inch box and had a hard time keeping the temps down so I moved em to the bathroom, looking forward to seeing how you deal with that situation

11. At the moment I have a 12" whiskey tube (cardboard with metal base) with a 21w cfl stuck in a hole in the base upturned and sat in the pot itself (ghetto I know but you can't argue with results) I have no fan and no current home for the plant so it's gotta be movable. So far it's impressive growth for only 21w no light/nute burn so it's definitely a really good setup for a budget (less than £10) any questions just ask :)

12. At least you have a CFL, I have flourescent tubes whose ballast I had to wire myself (Wires hanging out and shit) and a fan that I had to rewire (More wires hangin out and shit) nute burn up the ass, high temps, slow growth, so you can't talk about ghetto, you have the works by my standards :)

13. I'm really considering leaving my plant with just one bulb to see what I get from it. All Ive bought is 1-21w 2700k bulb=£1, 1 bulb holder=69p, 1 3-pin mains plug=50p and 2 metres twin core wire for 62p and my plant is loving it. I'm not checking ph, humidity or temp just checking the plant 1 hour before light off every day.

14. No no no trust me don't do it, why risk criminal prosecution on an "experiment" just "to see". Get as much as you can from it, once your plant gets bigger it will need more light, you don't want one little part of your plant lit up and the rest in the dark, CFLs have little light penetration and you need a minimum of 5000 lumens, 8000 and up is more optimal though.

15. It's just something fun to do I've got plenty of weed and seeds so I don't actually expect any more than a blunts worth. My houses cellar used to be a gun storage area for a gun shop, the door weighs around 80kg with 3" deadbolts. Ain't nobody getting in there lol. Thanks for you're concern though dude. Was gna use my 125w 13" cfl but can't find plug thingy lol

16. Thats cool man, as long as your not one of those people that are expecting a pound a plant and your enjoying yourself

17. Just checked up on my plant and I think it didn't like the 125w bulb. Is it gna recover from this?

Attached Files: