Fish tank grow box?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ReeferWraps, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Thinking about simply customizing a fish tank into a grow box.

any good ideas?

2. I dont know about a grow box but i can see it possible with the right materials. Back a few years ago i used a old lobster tank 480 gallon and made a nice hydro system out of it. The pump chiller and heater was all included and only look minor engineering to make a pretty decent top feed rdwc system. We made a stand that held 8 8 in net pots filled the tank about half full. Re replumbed the pump so that it ran up to the top of the net pots and made a waterfall effect down the hydroton. The chiller also worked nice to keep the purples purple and heat worked nice on those cold winter days. Had a little time spent to seal everything off from the light but all in all it produced some monster buds. Each harvest was well over 8lbs. Unfortunately with anything glass it has a tendency to break and its lifespan wasnt what i had hoped ot would be.
    If you wanna make a grow box as in semi micro i can see it but you would have to have a good lid for it since you wouldnt want to cut your glass for the installation of the fans. They make a insulation panel that has foil on on side you could place around the glass inside of course to help with the reflective properties needed. Id be intrested to see what you come up with.

3. I have 2 fish tanks as well. Subbed.