Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fish oil and its extensive benifits.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by theycallmedano, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Mrs Puff was a rachet hoe.
    The one from the SpongeBob cartoon.

2. #22 Eyedeas3, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    Kale is a vegetable leaf loaaaded with great benefits!! There's a ton of antioxidants and vitamins such as A,K and C. In addition it's great for detoxing, cardiovascular support, and anti-inflammatory.

3. [quote name="HighFoSho" post="19358117" timestamp="1389975813"]I take Fish Oil every day (just for good measure) and yet I still have to agree with you Snoop.I think its FAR more important to eat a balanced macro diet, not eat too much (especially condensed carbs) and to exercise daily.IMPO, these things ^ are multitudes more important, than fish oil.[/quote]Of course, being a weight lifter diet is a huge part of my life. But it can't hurt, eh ? Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. [quote name="Yadda" post="19358137" timestamp="1389976029"]Kale is a vegetable leaf loaaaded with great benefits!! There's a ton of antioxidants and vitamins such as A,K and C. In addition it's great for detoxing, cardiovascular support, and anti-inflammatory.[/quote]Does it come in capsules form or how do you get it? Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #25 Heroic Dose, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    It cant hurt, but an overall system of health is more effective. Tbh youd likely be better off eating the fish than supplementing, in the same way eating food is a better source of protein than a protein shake

Its a leafy green

Eh..... again, if you keep your body in good shape, {proper diet and exercise} sodium is not that big of deal.
    When I first got onto my "back to great health" journey, I got all caught up on the low sodium kick.
    Cut my sodium waay down to what "somebody else" said was the correct amount....
    Took about 3 or 4 days of that to make myself feel like a weak ass POS... head ache, tired, etc. Went back to eating however much salt I felt like, and Bam ! Felt great in 1 or 2 days.

I have read, and totally believe, that a properly functioning body will regulate its own salt intake, based on what it needs. Obviously a big guy, who works out and sweats a lot, will need a lot more sodium, than a 110 lb secretary, who sits behind a desk all day.....

7. [quote name="HighFoSho" post="19358167" timestamp="1389976275"]Eh..... again, if you keep your body in good shape, {proper diet and exercise} sodium is not that big of deal.When I first got onto my "back to great health" journey, I got all caught up on the low sodium kick.Cut my sodium waay down to what "somebody else" said was the correct amount....Took about 3 or 4 days of that to make myself feel like a weak ass POS... head ache, tired, etc. Went back to eating however much salt I felt like, and Bam ! Felt great in 1 or 2 days.I have read, and totally believe, that a properly functioning body will regulate its own salt intake, based on what it needs. Obviously a big guy, who works out and sweats a lot, will need a lot more sodium, than a 110 lb secretary, who sits behind a desk all day.....[/quote]For sure, for sure. I was talking about sodium in too high of ammounts though. And you are correct there, ever came home and had a craving for something breaded or a meat of some sort? Cravings are your bodys way of regulating what you eat. Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. At the grocery store,it's a leafy vegetable, and I don't think they come in capsules..

Attached Files:

9. Agreed.... and if I could eat Salmon 4-5 days a week, I would ! Can't afford it though. So fish oil is better than nothing.

10. [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19358164" timestamp="1389976237"]It cant hurt, but an overall system of health is more effective. Tbh youd likely be better off eating the fish than supplementing, in the same way eating food is a better source of protein than a protein shakeIts a leafy green[/quote]I eat a lot of tuna and other meats not only because I require about 200 grams of protein a day, but the tuna has great benifits. Although lately I've been cautious of eating fish because there are a lot of shit going around where these fish being imported and even grown in the US has cancerous tumors on them and are sick, bad fish. Untill I can find a more reliable source I feel safe with I'm going to stick with supplementing. Even though I know pills of any kind aren't good for you, but I'll take it over tumor fish any day Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. [quote name="Yadda" post="19358187" timestamp="1389976441"]At the grocery store,it's a leafy vegetable, and I don't think they come in capsules..[/quote]Oh wow interesting, I'm going to look into that. Thanks!Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Exactly..... And I find it very interesting that there have been studies which show that healthy people with a balanced diet, tend to crave healthier foods.... while obese people tend to choose fatty, sugary, unhealthy stuff.

The real question is, "does craving healthy foods make you healthier" ? .......or, is it "because the person is healthier to begin with, it makes them crave healthier foods" ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    From a personal standpoint, back in my old life, I craved cakes, candy, pies, chips, etc, etc, etc......
    Now, I can eat a freaking tangerine, and it tastes SO freaking good..... honestly a freaking Milky Way bar would not be even "as enjoyable".

Kind of strange how I can walk right past all the cakes and pastries, and it might as well be a stack of lumber. Then I get in the fruit isle and I start bucking like "Oh shit ! Look at those pineapples ! ...and grapes ! ..... and strawberries !

People ask me if I ever cheat on my diet ?
    Eh... once in a while I will have an extra piece of fruit.... or guzzle a little Silk light chocolate.... even though its supposed to just be for my oatmeal :)
    But no, I don't have a day.... or even one meal, where I just eat a bunch of BS that will help nothing with my goals + probably make me feel shitty too.

13. #33 -Martyr, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    It's all relative. Good health isn't about excluding healthy options, it's about combining them. Whether you think it's overrated or not, it has scientifically proven and backed research that shows the medicinal effects. Eat healthy, exercise, and take some fish oil/ flax seed oil with your meals to make sure you have all the essentials in your body. It doesn't have to be a competition of which method of getting vitamins is more important- They're all important.

14. [quote name="HighFoSho" post="19358264" timestamp="1389977333"]Exactly..... And I find it very interesting that there have been studies which show that healthy people with a balanced diet, tend to crave healthier foods.... while obese people tend to choose fatty, sugary, unhealthy stuff.The real question is, "does craving healthy foods make you healthier" ? .......or, is it "because the person is healthier to begin with, it makes them crave healthier foods" ?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~From a personal standpoint, back in my old life, I craved cakes, candy, pies, chips, etc, etc, etc......Now, I can eat a freaking tangerine, and it tastes SO freaking good..... honestly a freaking Milky Way bar would not be even "as enjoyable".Kind of strange how I can walk right past all the cakes and pastries, and it might as well be a stack of lumber. Then I get in the fruit isle and I start bucking like "Oh shit ! Look at those pineapples ! ...and grapes ! ..... and strawberries !People ask me if I ever cheat on my diet ?Eh... once in a while I will have an extra piece of fruit.... or guzzle a little Silk light chocolate.... even though its supposed to just be for my oatmeal :)But no, I don't have a day.... or even one meal, where I just eat a bunch of BS that will help nothing with my goals + probably make me feel shitty too.[/quote]Glad to hear another blade is living a healthy life. And I sure can attest to this, before working out I loved sugary, crap foods. Now sure I'll still eat them on occassion but don't taste nearly as good. I find I crave healthy food more now also.. Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app