Fish hydrolysate like glue

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 2cent420, May 28, 2022.

1. have salmon and haddock and I do to sugar water and lacto as you do for fish hydrolysate it was rancid smelling half minced and half full bones fish n skin

I use brownraw sugar not mollasses it says it doesn’t matter and I use this in my fermentations so this fermentations no different

my end products not black as no molasses

my end product is a creamy clear yellow ish paste with the consisancy of a glue or wallpaper paste no lumps no fish no bones no smell except weak dog food
    Is it done ? Bad? Good? The guides say it will be thin like water the videos show it like water

mines like clear custard literally custard consistency? Good oils???

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mine turned out a rusty brown color and was thin like water. I can't remember if I used brown sugar or molasses. I'll start a batch soon, if I remember. I'll post a tutorial here when I do.

• Like Like x 4
  3. I’d like to see it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 TimJ, May 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    I'll have to figure out where the girlfriend thought my fishing pole belonged. Apparently, the spot I choose was the wrong place for it. Then go down to the pond and or stream and catch some fish. It's raining and stormy here right now. So I don't want to become a human lightening rod. Soon my friend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. #5 TimJ, May 28, 2022
    Last edited: May 28, 2022
    Ok, I needed to catch the fish first.
    This is the recipe I use.https://www.ridgedalepermaculture.com/blog/making-fish-hydrolysate

Here are the fish I will grind. 20220528_153025.jpg Ground fish. 20220528_155442.jpg Weigh your ground fish,this is important as everything you do from this point forward is based upon that weight. 20220528_160214.jpg This just shows my materials laid out. 20220528_155415.jpg Final product, start the fermentation process.I covered this with cheese cloth and will stir daily until finished around 2-3 weeks. 20220528_162105.jpg

I'll break down the recipe as simple as I can.
    1: Grind and weigh your fish.
    2: Add three times the ground fish weight in water.
    3: Using your ground fish weight add 1/3 that amount in molasses.
    4: Add 2 Tablespoons Lactobacillus culture per quart of total above volume.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Bullheads!!! Fun times indeed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I guess you used mollasses so it went brown I use unrefined raw cane brown sugar which doesn’t have as much mollasses colour
    And I guess if they digested it that’s why it’s clear lol il get a pic today when I go to the farm

can’t believe ya went fishing for me haha respect

• Like Like x 2
  8. Maybe that was it. Or the fact mine was the entire fish where you used fillets. I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.
    It wasn't a big deal catching the fish and making this. I like to help out my fellow growers whenever I can.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. I used all but the fillet lol my fish monger harvests fillet n sells me the body bones brains eyes etc and skins
    I miss the guts though I get some in the throat sometimes

• Like Like x 2
  10. @2cent420
    @ElRanchoDeluxe
    Here's an update on the fish hydrolsalate I started a few weeks ago. [​IMG] I could have let it go another week. But, this will work fine for the pictorial I posted. 1 gallon on the right and about a quart+ on the left. I strained it and added a tablespoon more LAB's to the gallon and a teaspoon to the quart+. This is just to assure me it is fully processed. That is also the reason for the cheese cloth. One more week and I'll cap and store it. If you enlarge the photo you will notice the color. Mine comes out a darker reddish brown for me every time I make it. Neptunes harvest fish fertilizer is a bit lighter in color.
    This shows what was left after filtering.
    That's a 3-1/2 gallon pail. [​IMG]

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." -Robert L Stevenson

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Thanks for that Tim! I’m curious if adding some LAB to my dandelion FPE would make it OK to get a cap on it? Any thoughts on this?
    RD

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I believe it will keep the fermentation process going. But, I could be wrong. I make my Labs with molasses and refrigerate it so it is activated. But, in a slowed down state with the colder temperatures. I do know my leaf mold finishes in just over a year when I use my Labs while building my heaps. Without using Labs it takes about 6-8 months more to break down. Again, maybe some other variable was in play. But, I'll use labs on my leaf mold heaps from now on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Good to know. Seems like I get about halfway through either LAB or leaf mold and never quite make the finished product.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1