Fiscal Cliff

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dudeindistress3, Jan 2, 2013.

1. I'm with Ali Velshi, there should be no congratulation for the (day late) vote to avert the fiscal cliff. They had 518 days before they KNEW these cuts were going to take place, yet they still waited until the absolute last minute to pass something. This is not how 'the greatest nation in the world' should operate. Now in 2 months there is another fiscal cliff where they have to make cuts in spending and fiddle with more tax cuts. Along with other cliffs in the coming months after that. This will be ugly and could very well be the beginning of the demise of our nation.

2. They just raised taxes on the rich instead of spending cuts.

What a joke. "Crisis averted."

3. I say, go off the cliff. None of the politicians in DC have the guts to fix the real problems. We are spending way too much money. Its that fucking simple.

4. 2 months man. That's when Dems will be on the spot just like the GOP was this time

5. And Barak wants to end the debt ceiling so it won't be a problem anymore. Great fix, Dems.

6. I hear you, but they are all full of shit.

Nobody wants to cut programs because it makes them less electible.

I do find the Dems more despicable though.

7. There is an actual fiscal cliff coming soon, but no politician other than Ron Paul talks about it.

8. It's really despicable to see how our country runs with all the special interest groups and what not. They made a good point, the house is so divided because they're up for election every 2 years so they have to think short term and do what gets them the most votes which isn't usually what's best for the country. And yes as I've said, we have a more serious fiscal cliff coming in 2 months

9. what i wanna know is

yeah,we got the fiscal cliff.higher taxes,etc

but lets talk about the unemployment situation and the fact that its about to get worse when companys start laying people off like crazy and closing because they cant afford obamacare

i mean,all ive heard about is "the fiscal cliff,blah blah blah.were gonna end up like greece blah blah blah"but no one seems to bring up the fact were about to make the unemployment situation even worse then it is now

10. because alot of people are just mad cuz they didnt win the election.yeah,boo hoo.you lost,dont act like a sore loser

and this is coming from a republican

11. I have no idea what any of this is supposed to mean.

12. Welcome to the politics section. :wave:

13. OP the reason this fiscal cliff aversion was a disgrace was because the neocon republican party in congress agreed to a compromise with $1 in cuts for every $41 dollars in tax increase which is a disgrace to their fiscal conservative name..

Lets get beyond the mainstream hype and think together.. where could possible cuts have come from? Military en-devours perharps?

14. [quote name='"NasaJoe"']OP the reason this fiscal cliff aversion was a disgrace was because the neocon republican party in congress agreed to a compromise with $1 in cuts for every $41 dollars in tax increase which is a disgrace to their fiscal conservative name..

Lets get beyond the mainstream hype and think together.. where could possible cuts have come from? Military en-devours perharps?[/quote]

Blasphemy!

15. A while ago they could've agreed to $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax increases :laughing: they brought it upon themselves

16. what are you talking about?

17. @LayLow

What does Ron Paul say?

18. The real cliff I was talking about is the coming currency crisis and greater depression once interest rates rise. That's the real cliff ahead and the only politician I've seen that mentions it is the good Doctor.

19. Funny, a lot of politicians warn of global warming and bird-flu yet fail to mention real problems.