First try!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonedeagle, Nov 14, 2011.

1. it is quite loud isnt especially for a stealth cupboard lol im not really sure how you would muffle the noise but im sure ther could be a way :confused:

2. Alright! 4 weeks and 3 days in. I did some more modifications on the dresser as well. I took out the 80mm computer case fans from the back and put 2 of them inside for air circulation (Not really sure how much help they're doing, but at least they're being used.) There are now 2 passive intake holes in the back. I installed a 4" inline fan with ducting (carbon filter scrubber as well). I'm a little worried because of the noise the inline fan produces, so I'm trying my best to muffle the sound. I currently have the fan in a small box with lots of old sheets as insulation and another box for the exhaust to flow into (I'll be insulating this box soon to try and get rid of as much noise as possible.)

After these new modifications, my temperatures seem to hover around 85. I know that isn't good. The fan I had inside DIED :eek: NO GOOD! Gotta get another one soon to help drop those numbers a bit. I'm thinking about starting my flowering on week 5. Not entirely sure yet.

Leave some feedback, friends!

Attached Files:

3. make sure u are pulling air outa the box at the highest possible point n that will possibly take ur temps down cos in the pics it doesnt look like its right at the top?

looking good tho! how much did u pick up your tt-100 n filter for/?

4. I may move the duct further up to see if it helps with the temps. Just purchased a new oscillating fan for the inside, so that should help as well. I purchased my tt-100 for $59.99 on Amazon and I believe the filters were about $6 from Walmart.

5. Had to remove 1 of my 4 CFLs because of heat issues. Should be good whenever the new fan comes in.

6. It's time! It's been 5 weeks in veg, so I started my 12/12 today!

7. sweeeeeet now the fun begins! my BW showed pistells on the 5th day of 12/12,be interesting to see how long urs takes too compare and stuff lol

8. When did yours start to really smell? I have my scrubber set up and everything, but I want to make sure it's taken care of for stealth reasons. Tonight will make my 5th flowering day. I might throw up some pics later.

9. mine stunk 3 weeks into veg lol iv got my filter setup now so cant smell a thing :)

10. 5 days into flowering! Looking good! Smell is contained and I've muffled the inline fan a good bit, but still have some work to do. :hello:

Attached Files:

11. things are looking good bro,looks like it will be a nice size plant once its had a good stretch :D can u put up a pic of what youv done to muffle the noise of the fan please? im interested :)

12. I have my ducting running into a box within a box with extra thick (old) mattress padding as insulation. It has reduced the noise a lot and the smell is gone! I have my 12/12 so that it's night from 8am-8pm (in case anyone goes into my room during the day, no lights are showing.) It's been 1 week into flowering and she's looking gorgeous! I can't wait to get these sweet buds to harvest!

Attached Files:

13. Any advice on pruning some leaves? I want to make sure the stems closer to the stalk get sufficient light.

14. looking good bro!

like the box idea u got ther i may give that i go myself..i dont need to cover up the noise of the fan but would still prefer it a bit quiter as i run it 24/7 in my bedroom!

i woulnt worry to much about trimming leaves near the main stalk as the buds wont fill the whole of each branch usually about the half thats visible if you know what i mean?

do you plan on adding more light as the plant gets bigger and further into budding?

15. Trimmed her up a bit. Almost two weeks into flow.

Attached Files:

16. how exactly did you muffle the inline fan? i've been told the tt100 is the way to go but if its too loud it wouldnt be an option for me

:wave: :wave:

17. nevermind homey just saw your post!

:smoke:

18. I trimmed a few of the nasty leaves near the base of the plan. I also wrapped a piece of string around the plant to hold the buds more vertically towards the light rather than growing out. I'll see how that works tonight when I check it. I would like to put in more lights, but I probably won't. I'll see how this first grow goes and the. I may invest in a better lighting unit (possibly LED).

19. l.e.d wont really suit ur stealth needs noise wise,my ufo is a bit louder than the tt-100 fan!

20. Really? I was reading up on some and saw some that were pretty low on the noise level. How would it be louder than the tt-100?