First Try

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AP1, Jun 25, 2012.

1. #1 AP1, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2012
    I went against all advice, since my family has a strong history of mental illnesses, and I had a couple of puffs from a bong and a few whiffs from a blunt. It never did much for me actually, but now 30-40 hours after the fact my mind feels different. Like, it feels like it is not as sharp as it once was. I have a very strong spatial imagination and it feels deadened.
    So my question is, will my mind return to what it once was? I am nervous as hell, because I am worried I will develop some mental problem, and I will be changed permanently.
    I will not try it again.

2. 30 hours after smoking a few bong rips, the marijuana isn't even in your system anymore, and only detectable through metabolites. I'd say its a placebo effect.

But it does sound like it's not for you. Marijuana CAN trigger underlying mental illnesses, and if you have a strong family history of mental illness I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to do it again.

I give you props for at least trying it, though. You gave it a shot, and decided it isn't for you. Nothing wrong with that.:smoke:

And dude, I thought I was losing my intelligence at the start of senior year. I was actually panicking because I wasn't easily solving the math anymore(calculus can do that to you). Take a look into the function of the brain and you'll realize that it is actually a very well protected/defended organ, for damned good reasons. Smoking a bit of weed won't deaden your brain.

3. you have to be strong mentally to smoke enjoy weed

4. holy fuck dude

5. Looks like shes takin a shit......

6. i actually know what you mean, i was slightly worried the first few times i tried it and i felt duller the whole next day the firt 5-6 times i smoked, it was almost like being slightly high or drunk but not really. it stopped after that, i honestly think when you try it worried you just pay to much attention to how you feel after, almost like you expect something to be wrong. i dunno, dont try it again if your not comfortable but just thought id share this as i had the same feeling and thought it might help you not worry as much

7. I've been having the same thing for 6 years now. One night when I was 14 I got really hammered with some friends and then blazed for the first time - it was a rather large amount of weed. My mind felt so off for that whole week, then I just stopped noticing it, even later I began to accept it.

8. [quote name='"JuanRing"']30 hours after smoking a few bong rips, the marijuana isn't even in your system anymore, and only detectable through metabolites. I'd say its a placebo effect.

But it does sound like it's not for you. Marijuana CAN trigger underlying mental illnesses, and if you have a strong family history of mental illness I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to do it again.

I give you props for at least trying it, though. You gave it a shot, and decided it isn't for you. Nothing wrong with that.:smoke:

And dude, I thought I was losing my intelligence at the start of senior year. I was actually panicking because I wasn't easily solving the math anymore(calculus can do that to you). Take a look into the function of the brain and you'll realize that it is actually a very well protected/defended organ, for damned good reasons. Smoking a bit of weed won't deaden your brain.[/quote]

Along with recommending he doesnt some weed again, I would go as far as saying to never drink alcohol either. Dont drink/smoke/do anything that alters your consciousness if your family's history is that bad.

9. Thanks for making me even more stressed, argh! But then it was only a small bit, two shots at a Bong and a half a blunt at most. Even then I probably never smoked them properly.

Lots of the haze has gone, thank goodness. Still a little bit hazy though, just a little bit. Hopefully that goes away as well, soon. Even better, I hope my thoughts concerning it are acting as a placebo which is forming the haze.

I am completely fine with alcohol. It is just weed. Was a massive let down the first try. Seriously nothing happened like I thought it would. I just felt like laughing and the lights got a tinge more brighter.

10. I've had kids tell me there still baked from 2 days ago.

11. ^haha same, this immediately marks a person as someone I do not want to chill with.

12. If you're still feelin it take a bath or a shower, make sure its warm :D Just relax and don't do it again IMO:)
    I also had this feeling for my first few times, didn't like it but now I don't care lol :p If you've stopped, you'll be fine.
    Like the person a few posts above said, i wouldn't do anything that alters your mind in any way if your family history is that bad :/
    But just relax, don't think about it... Don't stress..
    Also if you had half a blunt and a couple bong rips, you'd be pretty stoned, so if you didn't feel toooo much different, you might not have even done it right! :) goodluck :d