First try in a few years, need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RedNeck Budz, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Help, this seedling is only 2 weeks old, I believe I gave it too much water so I gave it 4 days to dry out and believe I stunted it but now the first leaves have wilted down and starting to turn brown and one has already fallen off. I brought it inside due to the heat because i thought that's suga what might have slowed it down. What can i do to save this thing?

Attached Files:

2. I think it may be the plant pot its i grew a few seedlings a few years ago in white clay glassed pots and the pot its self gets to hot and seedlings need it to be moist... Try cutting the bottom off a 500ml coke bottle and place the rest of the bottle other the top of the seedling but spray the inside of the bottle not the plant that will help keep it moist inside the bottle keep us posted :)

Sent from my LG-M160 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Ok great! So you don't think it's over watered? The pot is actually my sons old trick or treat basket that I punched holes into. Do I need to moveit?

4. What soil are u useing ? Out side or inside

5. Also re looking at your post i read its 2weeks old thats very small for two weeks should be 3 times that size at least or more do u habe any other seeds u can try

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm using miracle grow potting soil. And yeah it was that height at 4 days. But then I watered it heavyfor some reason. I got a few seeds, just trying to bring this one back

7. I would put another seed down juat incase this one doesnt make it For the first two weeks i would use a spary bottle they love it just spray till soil is moist- till its a little wet put a bottle over the top give the seedling 5 or 6 days u willl be shocked in size plus the soil your useing holds water so maybe when u useing the miracle grow mix 15 -20 % perliter lets the soil get co2 when watering plus it helps to dry the soil much better :)

8. Is the perlite also MG perlite??
    If so thats your culprit right their.. too many nutes for the poor little thing..

Hope this helped!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Guys the seedling eventually died. I fucked with it too much trying to do too much. I will be starting a batch of 10 soon please follow so you guys can help. And I figured I had too many nutes because right off, the first set of leaves curled and one turned brownish. But I will be starting up again just trying to knock the dust off

10. Note the nutes in the soil and in the perlite..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Many, many more soil options that are way better than Miracle Grow.
    MG soil has time released fertilizers in it. So does MG perlite if you're using that too.
    Too much fertilizer for a seedling.
    No control over feedings and if you start using other nutrients then it's a burn situation waiting to happen.
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest is very good and not too much more than Miracle Grow.
    Shop around.
    If you look into your local nurseries, they usually carry organic potting soils and organic raised bed mixes for about 15 dollars for a 3 cubic foot bale.
    That's 3 times more soil for about 3 dollars more.
    And by purchasing at a locally owned business you will be supporting your local economy.

12. Are you growing indoors or outside?

13. Was gonna go outside because I sold my light a while back. But I have had seedlings in this same potting soil before and no problems. I don't get it

14. Raised bed mixes can be used as potting soil??
    Good to know!