First Tropical Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by cd001111, Aug 31, 2008.

1. #1 cd001111, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
    Equipment = 600w MH/HPS Autopot Smart valve system, 5000 BTU A/C grow area 9 Sq feet hight 72 inches.

Tuesday August 5 2008 started germinating 10 Big Buds in distilled water PH 6.0 . I'm using Liquid Earth nutrients which consists of a base and grow or bloom solution.
    Friday August 15 I transplanted seeds to my Grow Medium 80% Coco and 20 Perlite. I'm feeding ¼ normal amount PH 5.5 PPM 150.
    Aug 11 nothing has popped Temp 70F
    Aug 12 at Morning feeding I see green in two of the 10 cups, temp 70 Relative humidity around 80%
    Aug 14 Basically I'm not happy maybe one plant PH 5.5 225 PPM, I have 10 Bubble Gum germinating this is a do over. I could have fucked up with the PH my Hanna Phep 4 is giving nutty readings and won't calibrate. I'm switching to my backup Milwaukee.
    Aug 16 – 9 bubble gum germinated within 48 hours, I planted seedlings into small plastic cups with holes in the bottom filled with Perlite & Coco. Plants reside in grow box using florescent grow lights temp 73.
    Aug 17 turned on the 600W MH, temp went up to 90 lights are about 2 feet above seedlings, I move them up a bit hand watering 4 or 5 times a day.
    Aug 18 my temp in the box came down to 80F and I have a few nice seedlings.
    Aug 23 transplanted to 10 Autopots, started water cooler and air pumps. I now have 6 Bubblegum and 1 Big Bud. I'm concerned about the amount of water in the pots, it seems like I have to much.
    Aug 26 PH 6.5 PPM 300 solution at 72F, I lost my Milwaukee PH meter I dropped it in the water . I also put the lights on a timer, I'm giving them 20 hours a day. It gets way to hot in that garage, I'm seeing temps go to 100 almost every day, forgetaboutit if the car has just been used.
    Aug 29 – I've increased the solution up to 300 PPM and try to keep the ph at 6.5. I have 7 guys plus one maybe, it's trying hard.
    Aug 31 – PH 6.0 PPM 325 I swapped out my Nutrients I'm having a hell of a time trying to keep the PH right. This is what I've noticed, the Nutrients are 60 degrees F in the tank, in the pots it could go to 84 F. Due to evaporation the PH in the pots goes up also.

ANY ADVICE IS APPREACIATED - I NEED ALL THJE HELP I CAN GET.

Attached Files: