Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by monsterhill, Aug 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I placed 4g in 20cl 98% vodka and left it soaking for several weeks. It's turned a very deep dark golden brown.

How would I judge the dosage? could it be used in food?

I read on the site where I found the recipe that three or four drops would be sufficient dosage

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is that 98% or 98 proof? :huh:

3. It's that
    192-proof (96% alcohol) Polish vodka.

4. Excellent! So you have about 200ml. Did you decarb your material before adding it to the alcohol? :huh:

• Like Like x 2
  5. No, I used the old recipe

6. Okay. It will take 4 months for your tincture to decarb naturally. You can go ahead and strain the material out of it. It's been depleted for a while and just gets more plant material in your tincture. Strain it with a mesh coffee filter or cheesecloth, pantyhose, t-shirt, etc then filter it with a paper coffee filter.

With just 4g in that 200ml, you should let most of that alcohol evaporate in order to get any potency. The more that you evaporate the less that you will have to use.

Depending on how long it's already been soaking, it may not take that much longer. It can usually be used effectively around the 3 month mark. Keep it in a dark space at room temperature. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Reported

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1