First timer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mwil333, Feb 25, 2013.

1. #1 Mwil333, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
    Hello guys I have been reading this forum for weeks now trying to learn new things . I started with back seed at the end of dec , I vegged until feb 1st then switched to 12/12 . I used some soil with time release nuts and I have the hydroponics 3 part ferts. I ran into leaves curling under brown spots all types of problems . I have recently flushed , added some cal mag and some other additives . I believe I'm 4 weeks into flowering , I even topped and femmed the plants and kept them pruned just to see what I can and can't do . Well here's my babies after all the scares I had . I noticed as soon as I fixed my ph that the white hairs start frowning like crazy . I have no clue what strain there are they where bag seeds . I also just started seedlings of the same plant . I'm am training them now . They are 2 weeks old dont know what medium I will use to grow them in but nothing from Wally World anymore . Any help and suggestions would be great . Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Your plants look like there stretching from the light being to high..common thing to do. Just lower it or bring them close if your using CFLs. If your using CFLs they need to be about 4-6 inches from the plant. Plants stretch for the light eventually they just will flop over. Adding a fan blowing on them will make them stronger to.

At the stage there at there no need for those stakes if they were not stretching for light.

You can also transplant them to bigger pots.

Also are you sure your 4 weeks into flowering...those plants look like there in veg stage still. 4 weeks into flowering they should look alot different.

3. My pics may not be good but there are def in flower trics and all . I'm using a 600 watt set up and my plants are probably a foot away . I have a fan blowing on them they are starting to be covered in white hairs . I posted many pics there not here I'm try repost pics . These are my seedlings I'm training . I bent them over and stakes are for support .

4. those are two week old seedlings? they need more light for a start look how skinny and stretched they are, like toothpicks,, I wont lie to you they dont look the greatest,, id repot them and try bury them stems up to the first set of leafs, give them alot more light and try not to overwater, get a fan on to them and tell them your sorry, sounds like they are curling under and brown spots with to much water

5. There was a picture, but those plants are under 600watts and that old? Maybe you posted the wrong photo.

6. Theres the pics ,sorry guys . I small plants are in my tent durning the day then when i put my babies to sleep i throw under a cfl for a couple hours before i throw them in the tent to sleep. Once my big plants get done i will then transport those to biggers pots im in no rush for them to grow due to space.

7. #7 expertbomber, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013

Where? ..... ahh ok back up the top i get it..

Its hard to believe how you can get a free standing tall Sativa like plant pretty far along into flower but have your new seedlings look so poorly

8. I started them the same way . There bag seed one is a clone I really just playing around with them to see what I can and can do . But my other plants looked the same until I put them in other pots . I need need real deal seeds , I don't even know what they are . I figure I do a practice run to get the feel before I get some real seeds . I been pruning and feming for practice . I will keep journal on those seedlings . Any help you have will be apriciated .

Thanks

9. you saved the last ones by repotting them,, had you left them looking the way the seedlings look I doubt they would be very productive,, I stear clear of bagseed its best spending the money on good reputable stable strains you will have so much more joy and far less stress,, but good concept and idealoligy you do it to learn and try new things and I cant complain about that

10. I have read threw this forum over the past weeks , before I posted anything so I don't be asking the same questions already asked . I'm going to put seed order in Tomorrow I want to do organic with some sort of compost tea .any suggestions on a good strand for indoor high yeild high tch ?

Thanks

11. have you ever tried the santa maria? I had grown out a auto KC45 which is a santa maria crossed with a ruderalis and the strain grew like no ones business,, biggest auto ive ever grown but the smoke wasnt up to my standards,, but with a pure santa maria I think you be in for a very nice smoke because the kc45 was very citrus and fruity, I imagine a pure santa maria to be delicous but its a big plant youd prolly need to top it

12. Ill check into it , this is my first time so I have no knowledge of any of this . Ill get up to speed real quick . Thanks

13. no problem, just do it in your own time, have fun, have a laugh, enjoy yourself, and just watch the grass grow :smoking:

14. Up date , I stared the 12/12 on this plant on 2/01/ the duds are still reaching and the hairs are 98 % white I have no clue what strand it is there are also trics everywhere . Does this plant look like 2 weeks left or should I maybe give it one more nute feeding then flush . I was using 3 part chem feet , I just received a free sample of some organic fish fert from Neptunes Harvest . My last feeding was 1table spoon hydroponics bloom , I teaspoon flora micro , 10ml flora nectar , 1 oz of neptunes harvest fish fert and dyno grow protek silicon to balance ph. This is all one gallon I split it between two plants in five gallon buckets then another gallon of ro between the two . My plant went crazy started growing again . Is this nature or did I screw up the regular cycle ? Do you think I can get away with another feeding like this before harvest ?

Attached Files:

15. if all the hairs are still white then you need to wait until they go orange and wilt a little, but better than that get a 30x magnifying glass and look at the trichs under it, if they are going amber then you know its nearly ready if they are still clear to milky you got longer to go,, depending on strain some take longer than others to finish, it looks like it has fattened up a little from a few days ago, I cant answer your question about using more nutes on them because I dont know what stage it is in and how old it is, and the colour of them trichs, if they are amber or "ambering up" id suggest no but going by 98% white hairs id still say there is another feed in there,, but you can decide yourself you will know how its looking up close, I dont so I reserve to comment

16. I looked at your plants closely and 1st of all if you are looking for a new soil you should always get Promix. You can get it in Bails at any Agway for $30. 1 bail = 10 walmart bags.

I will say that I looked at all of your picture closely and believe that you have WAYYYY over pruned your plants. Most people believe that buds need the extra lights and prune all of their fan leaves (like you apparently did) but bud growth come 25% from the buds light reception, 25% from internal plant storage, and 50% from the energy created from the fan leaves. THE FAN LEAVES ARE THE PLANTS SOLAR PANELS. This being said I should say that A LITTLE pruning is a good thing. Once my plants hit 2-3 feet tall I usully remove the bottom 4 fan leaves from the plants. I never prune any more then that and my turnouts are always much better then my friends.

17. Great tip on pruning , I'm a tree climber I pruned it like I prune trees . Next time ill take your advice , I don't like them that tall myself the buds are getting enormus . So probably won't get as good a yield ?