Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First timer

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Shark bait, Jun 14, 2012.

1. #1 Shark bait, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
    K I have read a bunch of posts around here, now can you tell me if I have a good plan

Have 1 plant been battling with spider mites, I want to chop down the plant

Rinse with water

Wrap in tinfoil heat in oven for an hour at 250

Chop up herb after cools a little

Sautee with butter for 20 minutes,

Store in fridge for a week

Reheat and strain

Make goodies with butter

All feed back is welcome, I will be starting in a couple days. I have looked at a bunch of stickies already

Thanks

2. If it isn't in flowering when you chop it down, your not going to get high from your edibles.

I'm sure it would still have the taste of cannabis and all but idk.

Try looking up some recipes online for edibles. I'm sure there's a thread for it floating around here somewhere :p

3. Oh it's about ready, maybe a week or so early, I posted a pic the other day of it some where LOL, maybe I'll post another latet

4. Are you going to be using the trim or the actual buds? I would heat it for a little longer on the stove. From what I have read it takes a while for the active ingridents in the bud to become ready to eat... Also I have seen people put water into the butter to help prevent burning

5. [quote name='"SprSonicChronic"']Are you going to be using the trim or the actual buds? I would heat it for a little longer on the stove. From what I have read it takes a while for the active ingridents in the bud to become ready to eat... Also I have seen people put water into the butter to help prevent burning[/quote]

The whole plant

6. You aren't gonna just throw the entire plant into a vat of oil.. right?

7. [quote name='"SprSonicChronic"']

You aren't gonna just throw the entire plant into a vat of oil.. right?[/quote]

Lol, I'm going to chop it down, rinse it off, wrap it in tinfoil and bake in oven for an hour or so on about 170, then I'm going to simmer in butter for a bit. Then store in fridge for a week, then remelt and stain

Will it work?

8. Well you need to flush and cure your plant. So lets say you flushed and cured already. I would decarb a little longer with a little higher temp just because it is very fresh bud and the extra decarb time will helpa ALOT. If it is your plant your gonna have a lot of bud so much sure that you use the correct ratio of butter to weed.

Sounds like its gonna be bangin though man! Good luck to ya!

9. Thanks, been on nothing but H2O for last 2 weeks, not that I used a lot of nutes anyways. My first go around I over nuted and dam near killed the beach. I am not going to cure it because I'm going to rinse hoping to get any let over spider mites off, and I concerned that if I dry it, I may have mold issues.

So you would recommend baking it longer in the oven say maybe 2 or 3 hours at a higher temp, like 225 or more like 350?

I appreciate your help,

Thanks

Oh it's just some bag seed that was a learning plant

10. Whether or not your edible works at all, is all in the processing.

It's why we have so many failed edible stories, and dosage discrepancies.

Processing is CRUCIAL. :eek:

Dry
    it properly, decarb it properly, heat in oil properly, and you'll have some edibles...

But start picking and choosing random temperatures, heating without drying, and 'sauteing' in oil, and you'll be lucky to feel anything after eating the entire plant :p

It's bad enough she's got spider mites, but still, why waste all those weeks or even months of growing her, by avoiding the correct way to make edibles like it's the plague, just because it requires an extra day or two of patience?

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it! :p :)

----

Why we avoid water when processing cannabis edibles with oil...

Cannabis glandular material, is not water soluble!

This adds hours, sometimes days to the heating process, before a solution is formed (and that's if it ever does, with all that water contamination!).... and all those extra hours required? They degrade your material, long before it's ready for consumption!

It's why the oils of today, are so much stronger than the water-butters of the old days... and why our oils taste better now, too [​IMG]

Water, pulls in all that inert junk you don't want!

It may look like you're separating it off at the end, but your butter or oil is much dirtier with bitter plant salts and chlorophyll, than any pure oil source could even possibly get during processing. [​IMG]

What's even worse?

Glandular material sinks...

Oil floats...........

When these folks pour off their water, they have NO IDEA how much potency is going down their drains! [​IMG]

Adding water to butter or oil was an out-dated, ineffective method, originally used as an ill-conceived attempt at controlling temps.

It was ill-conceived, because the delicate glandular material still comes into direct contact with the heat source from below.
    The water hinders, and lengthens the process, and as such extends the amount of time the material can be degraded by that heat... it's why the 'best' water-butters usually took between 15 - 24 hours of steady heating to finish!

--

Fortunately, there are several MUCH better options which are far superior to adding water to the mix. :)

You have either a simple double boiler, or the oven.... and a double boiler can easily be made from two pots, one larger and one slightly smaller. The larger contains a few inches of water, the smaller pot floats in it, and inside the smaller pot you place your decarbed herb, oil, lecithin if you have it, and nothing more...

This provides an actual buffer between your delicate plant matter and the heat source, all without contaminating your oil with water! [​IMG]

--

So remember;

PURE solvent... not one contaminated and diluted with water [​IMG]

( It's why the experts in the medical community recommend, not only butter alone, but clarified butter which has had its water content and milk solids removed. Without clarification, most butter contains between 8% - 12% water and milk solids. It's why 14 grams of butter, only has around 11g fat....

Coconut oil
    is superior to even clarified butter, in that it has over three times the MCT content, and about twice the saturated fat.)

----

SO! Hang your plant just like you would, if you intended to smoke it, and follow a good coconut canna oil recipe (you may sub. clarified butter if it's the best you can find locally, but add at least 30 - 40 mins to the oil/heating process to compensate for the lower-quality oil source).

When your plant feels dry, and the leaves almost, but don't quite crumble, then grind or mince it up as finely as possible, a coffee grinder works great, and spread it very thinly inside a flat oven bag, or sprinkle over a sheet of foil, then seal all the edges with a second sheet of foil on the top, to decarb.
    Follow the directions below for basic oil, for an energetic, functional, cerebral high, or continue heating in oil, in -additional- 40 minute increments, up to 5 - 6 hours total/max, for a narcotic, highly sedative, couch-lock, sleep-inducing stone.

The two tutorials following the Canna Oil recipe, may be of interest to you, as well. :)

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to BHO, but made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

Good luck, and have fun! :wave:

11. BadKitty has taught me more recipes then a cook book would lmfaooo

12. Thanks for your input badkitty, u have read some of your stickies and have learned a bunch.

If I understand your post, I will gain more by drying the plant, by hanging not oven drying.

Should I rinse like I was going to, or just live with what ever spider mites may be left.

Originally I was not going to rinse it, but some one suggested it and I thought I was a decent idea.

Again thanks for your input, the final out come is what's important, and I still have a few weeks before I "need" the goodies

13. There it is, I decided to hang her

Attached Files: