first timer need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jojokingxd, Oct 15, 2014.

1. #1 jojokingxd, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    Hi. I have recently gotten two seeds to sprout. They are at the 5th day of growing under 1 1500lumen bulb. They have grown over a inch long with just the two round leaves. And the first real leaves are real shrivled and pointing up.

Are they light hungry?

They are just in some soil I got from the local garden shop.

Attached Files:

2. This is the other seedling. Its shorter than the other one

Attached Files:

3. Ya u need 100 watts per plant.

Tuckerjonesisreal

4. I was just using a desk lamp before to get them started.

5. This is the bulb im using now. I was going to buy another one but a warm light. And use a Y connector to join them up?

Attached Files:

6. Buy about 4 Y splitters and put one of those on each available space.

Tuckerjonesisreal

7. Will do that as soon as possible. Should I just add in the desk lamp as well for now? But otherwise. Is there any reason the two first real leaves havent grown much?

8. This is my current setup. Just a small closet setup. Will be buying a Y splitter and a few more bulbs soon. The sponges are soaked in hot water then sit in the tray for humidity. Or would it be better to use a old coffee pot full of water?

Is there anything else I need? The doors opened daily for fresh air

Attached Files:

9. #9 noizviolation, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    Just bring either the plants closer to the light or light closer to the plants. Most cfl lights can be 3 to 4 inches without worry of heat damage if even the slightest circulation of air is present. If you had them locked in an air tight box then cfl heat may be an issue.