First timer.. looking OK?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrMarcus, Jul 6, 2017.

1. You're giving me hope!

I raised the light and will adjust the pH. Just looking forward to adding nutes! Seedling stage is hard lol

2. Cant wait to see it in couple of days!!! have you checked what the water is coming out of ur mix? or just what ur adding? I thought I was good mixing water close to 6.5. did that for couple weeks then I tested soil runoff and it was lot higher. after that seems like they doubled in how much they where growing. unless it was just the stage/age. Yes seedlings worry me a bit had couple easy as hell n one that had same soil, light, water, same as the rest but started to die. looking better now tho.

3. I haven't used led's but I think you'll see a lot more vertical growth after moving your lights up. My guess is it will shoot up a lot over the next week

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not entirely worthy of pics right now (plus she's in the dark right now), but man has this little one grown overnight. Since raising the light and keeping on the 18/6 things are looking good! Has maybe grown a 1/4" vertically. Not major but better than before.

First set of true leaves are growing fast. And there's another set after them already coming through.

I'll post progress pics tomorrow or the next day :) Or maybe later tonight lol. We'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Only pH coming in, not runoff yet. I will be sure to check that on my next soaking. Thanks! You guys have been very helpful.

6. Your welcome. yeah hope when u check PH its all good!!!! I wish I would of sooner. Think my plants would be much bigger if I had.

7. Nice Mr. Just a tip, when you transplant into a bigger pot set the ph in your soil/medium before hand. If you don't, the ph of the runoff water could be very different from what your putting in. Anyway, glad everything's working out. I'd throw up some pics but my girls are in flower so I don't know if it would make a good comparison.

8. #28 mrMarcus, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Quick update. Been just shy of a week now, and things are coming along nicely.

I got a little aggressive with GH nutes and it seems to have worked out. While I'm following their guidelines, I didn't hold back on dosage.

pH in is at about 6.1 and runoff is about the same.

Also went back to a 24/7 light cycle (few days back) with copious co2 coming in.

She's sucking back the water so have been watering every 2 days (water water nutes, repeat).

Oh, and also no further signs of purple coming in on new growth (or previous growth for that matter; seems to have resolved itself). Nice green now. Already seeing new stem node growth on the lower branches. Feeling she's about to really take off!

And all that growth she's still only 3/4" tall lol. The nodes are literally right on top of eachother.

Attached Files:

9. Another update...

Transplanted to a larger pot and it took off! Definitely root bound.

However, now I'm getting the dreaded "taco leaves". Leaves are a healthy colour, but folding along the center crease (hopefully the photos show that; only brought outside momentarily).

It's happening more so on new growth. Older growth is flattened out nicely (although some slight yellowing on leaf edges of older growth). Cause for concern? More concerned with the new growth having taco leaves than old growth yellowing out on edges.

Some additional info:

Went away for three days and temp in grow closet magically climbed to 91F, so maybe heat could be a factor?

Lights are 28" from top of plant. Too close?

I'm on a water, water, feed cycle, which equates to every 4 or so days I'm either watering or feeding.

I haven't supplemented any CalMag recently so possibly a Cal/Mag deficiency?

The thing is growing like mad though. Shoots coming out of every which way.

Attached Files:

10. Yeah that 91 degrees is probably why your leaves are tacoing, pretty sure thats how the plant sweats. Cool the room down a bit and it shouldn't be a problem. I don't know about the yellowing it could be needing some calmag.

11. Got it down to a steady 83F now. Now the leaves are drooping! Lol. This little one is going to be the death of me! How is it that I can pop a few sunflower seeds in some Miracle Grow and they do amazing without any attention, but I can't get a weed to grow to my liking! Haha. Maybe I'm loving it to death.

12. Quick update for those interested.

Topped her and tied some branches back. Getting much better light coverage now, and the growth is explosive!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. looking good

• Like Like x 1
  14. maybe little to much overwater, heat issues or nutes still. But looks good!!!

15. Just curious, why do you think that?

There's 2 fan leaves that have been there from the start that are now wilting a wee bit, but that's it. All other growth has been all good :)

16. Im on my 1st grow also using hempy buckets with perlite /:coco mix I nute every feed which is every 2 days . I guess depending on your drainage you could over water but i was told it's pretty hard to over water in coco .

17. Ok looked at pic again side of leaf is turned up a bit so I guessed heat. tips look like they might be starting to discolor. I'm new so not saying your doing wrong, I'm not sure, its up to you on what you think. I just no I was posting pic and everyone keep saying looking amazing n sh*t. Then plant started looking sickish. I did lots of research and I'm pretty sure I watered them a bit to much (your don't look like it now I had a look again), added way to many nutes and stared showing all kinds of deficiencies cause of it and I wish someone would of asked or mentioned it to me so I would of knew or noticed maybe a little earlier. That's all!!!!:love-mj2:

18. Much appreciate the feedback! Sometimes others can spot deficiencies that one cannot.

The main issue I ran into (which has since been corrected) was having a fan blowing directly onto the plant. It caused "taco shell" leaves, and some discoloration. Seems to be relatively back to normal now.

Drainage is great. Coco + perlite mix.

I can see in the pic now that I look carefully the slight discoloration of some edges. I really need to drop the tent temp a few degrees still (currently at about 82F). Would love to get it sub-80's (78F or so). And humidity at a steady 55%.

All in all, I'm super jazzed with the progress of this one!

Nutes go in every 10 days or so.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ok sounds good then! yeah agree with the spot things you over see.

20. Yo you need to start using cal mag if you haven't already. I see a bit of striping on some of your fan leaves and its not just the ones with the burnt tips. Is that the discoloring you are talking about? Looks like a calcium deficiency, I had the same thing on my first grow.