First Timer Growing outdoor in Michigan. HELP!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OGKusher0421, Nov 25, 2018.

1. As the title says, i live in Michigan and with us becoming legal i will be growing outdoors here in my backyard in 10 gal buckets most likely,. I live in a pretty tight neighborhood but have cool neighbors. I want to grow a indica dominant strain that doesn't grow crazy tall, looking to keep them 6' or less ideally but no more than 7'. Without having to top it. Going to go from seed as well, probably start it indoors for a few weeks with a good ole t-5. or something. then transplant outside after the last frost. Because i am new to growing wondering also of these strains which are easier to grow and more resilient to diseases and bugs?

Thanks everyone!!!

2. im on my 2nd grow growing some blue widows from GYO seeds. 15 days in

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/516317418755326002/JPEG_20181125_082030.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/516317416087617556/JPEG_20181125_082048.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/516317415412465664/JPEG_20181125_082009.jpg

bottom 2 are shorter the top one is taller but topped it. growing them both indoors and outdoors. outdoor for some fresh air, wind, and natural light and indoors basically to finish up the extra 10 hours they need to veg. they seem to be growing fine no major issues besides possible heat stress due to lights being too close and very little air circulation indoors with no fan. topped the one early, transplanted, etc.. growing just fine since. the 2 smaller ones look more indica dominant in growth and i believe it is a more indica heavy hybrid but yea overall so far very little issues for a 2nd grow.

3. #3 Thatguythatgrows, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Why not keep it an indoor garden? In a tight neighborhood, a 6ft tall plant will stench up the whole neighborhood.

4. Start in the spring after your last frost date.
    Why not top it? Top and LST it. It will stay below 6' and nearly double your yeild.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I highly recommend autos for Michigan outdoor grows. Photos rarely finish before the wet season, so if you grow those you'll want a greenhouse.
    I would go as big as possible with the pots, or just do one big bed. And definitely get started on an indoor garden, since you'll have 12 plants to work with.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Okay thank you what does LST it? And how far along do I do the topping and lst? Also any suggestions on strains that grow good in Michigan outdoor? Thanks man!

7. Northern lights, frisian dew are a couple. I had my first grow last summer in southern Ontario and had a problem with powdery mildew. It is better to prevent it rather than control it although with a good bud wash it still tastes
    amazing! If you can put them in pots then move indoors with heavy rain in the fall or build a small poly greenhouse to cover them.

8. Lst is Low stress training

9. I’m moving to Michigan in about a week and unfortunately I will not be able to start a grow for another 6 months since I will be in an apartment to start out with. I prefer indoor growing since everything can be controlled and if done right (especially with 12 plants) you can perpetually harvest but it takes space to do it of course. Best of luck on the outdoor grow. I may have to invest in a green house and give it a shot myself! I’d also recommend the LST method (tons of YouTube videos)!

10. I ran some outdoor in michigan this year with mixed results. Had some mold issues, but what turned out was really nice.