First Timer 450W Led Micro Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Stoopid Sensi, May 18, 2014.

1. #1 Stoopid Sensi, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    Just a bit of opening info..

Growing 4 strains: 1x Critical Hog, 1x MK Ultra, 2x Underdawg OG
    Seed supplier: THseeds (Amsterdam)

Growing medium -- Roots Organic soil
    Nutrients -- General Hydroponics Flora Series/super soil
    Pots -- currently solo cups, soon 5 gal Smart Pots

Light -- 450w LED (TopLedLights)
    Exhaust -- 2x 4" basic extraction fans
    Air circulation -- ~16" tall oscillating fan, 5,000 BTU AC unit

All powered by the sun :smoke:

Actual grow room is a crawlspace about ~12 sq ft. :hide:

securedownload.jpg
    f (4).JPG
    f.JPG
    f (2).JPG

Best pics I could get of the room, space is tight & light is extremely bright, also shitty cam lol

The 2 OG's are germinating and will be popping their heads out soon :yummy:

MK Ultra (13 days from germination)
    photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    photo 3.JPG

Critical Hog (18 days from germ)
    photo 5.JPG
    photo 4.JPG

Growth was a bit slow, due to lack of nutrients; however they are growing vigorously now

What do you think GC? Feel free to follow, this should be fun :yay:

2. #2 Stoopid Sensi, May 18, 2014
    @[member="vinnyfraser"] @[member="baretero66"]

3. I am looking to add the 96x3 from TopLED for my flower tent. I already have 250W of HO flourescents and that light will do just perfectly I think... Are you pretty happy with it and is this your first grow using it? Also interested in the MK Ultra... May have to get a pack of seeds just to get the 2 freebies that Attitude is offering of those. Subbed up...

4. #4 Stoopid Sensi, May 19, 2014
    Word homie  :smoke:
    Yes, this is my 1st time using the LED and I am pretty content! Has a switch to change in between modes (veg/flower), perfect color temps, plus it comes with a 5 yr warranty, can't go wrong my man!  :bongin:  Got mine from their eBay store, $275. THseeds sent me 4 MKs for a 10 seed purchase  :metal: 

Stay up

5. I just planted a Critical Hog from them... I bought a 5 pack of them about 2 weeks before the MK Ultra promo. I got Wreckage and Kushage as my freebies with the Hog. Planted the Wreckage too... read a couple journals on that strain and it looks sick!! Just waiting for them to pop their little heads up from the ground.

6. Word!!! You should make a journal. How many did you plant?

7. Oh okay. I have the 144x3, paid 275, and have it above 4 plants.

Bad ass tent man, I dig.

@[member="jonny.blaze/420"]

8. @[member="jonny.blaze/420"]

I'm working with a small closet sized space. One end of the room is roughly 4.5ft other much higher almost 7ft..
    So my question to you is what LST/HST should I implement?

Definitely wanted to FIM/Top, but should I build a scrog net? (trying to maintain a very even canopy!)

Thank you!

9. Yo I'm no expert for sure but I don't think you can go wrong scroggin... Mad yields off a tiny area. If it were me I would find a way to give a screen to each plant just for maintenance and ease of handling. There are some journals w some tight set ups on these forums and others. I will have 2 plants per screen and harvest 2 plants every 2-2.5 weeks once I get rolling. If you can find a stretcher you don't have to veg as long as you would think to fill up a square foot or so.

10. Okay thanks man. Lol it's just I can hardly even stand in the grow space plus it will be extra packed with 4 mature plants. (Will consume all the floor space). I was planning on being able to take the plants through the crawl space into the room beyond the walls for trimming etc. However with the SCROG they would require staying put. (Because the branches are intertwined in the net). Correct me if Im wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Later today when I go to my grow site I can take a pic of the tub and rack set up I am using... I think it or something similar would work great in a space your describing. I have seen some people do a variation on scrog and just use 5 gal buckets with those tomato trellises. I am using 10 gal tubs w (2) 3 gal tubs nested inside and then I have PVC frames for each tub that hold the screen. I will be able to pull each tub out and do whatever I need to as far as watering, feeding, trimming, etc. with plenty of room all around. 

12. Search "topLedGrowLight" on eBay and wa-lah

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. They also have a website to order direct, all items w/ free shipping to the US, and a forum here with a rep who will add free yoyo hangers to your order if you msg her (smokesara). Topledgrowlight.com

14. Thanks guys, Im going for a new led 300w to 450w for my moms closet!! 

15. @[member="Stoopid Sensi"] Here is a pic of my scrog tubs I am going to use. They are 10 gal tubs with 3 gal tubs nested into them then I construct a 20" x 12" x 8" frame out of 1/2" PVC. Zip tie whatever you are using for a screen to the frame and you have your portable scrog. It takes up about 2' x 1.25' of floor space. Screen is approx 2' off the ground so your lights can stay super low. You have approx 2 cf of screen per tub (perfect for 2 plants).

Attached Files:

16. Looks sweet man, right on. My Scrog won't be portable, I'll have to figure out a way to mount it on the 3 walls I have available. Maybe staples

Quick update:

The Hog and MK are growing vigourously. One OG has popped her head out just waiting on the other.
    Temp has been at a steady 77 F with 50-55% RH. I will post pics as soon as the other OG pops out =)

Stay lifted

Sent from the Planet Mars

17. Hey bro any updates on the Hog? Here is mine at 26 days from sprouting... It loved the FIM and is responding very well to being tied down. So is the Wreckage... They look like twins but smell very differently one is skunky and the other fruity.

Attached Files: