First time with spider mites

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kworzy, Oct 7, 2015.

1. please help I'm stressing out! Doing my first hydro grow and came home this evening to the little bastards webbing on one of my plants. I got my clones a week ago so obviously in veg, I assume it was infected when i got it and i checked the rest of the 32 plants and i don't see them but i don't think that means anything. I was hoping to use predators because I'd rather not use chemicals but I can't find anywhere to buy them in Canada where I live. nothing on eBay or amazon will ship here, no garden shops seem to carry even ladybugs. to clarify it's 32 girls about a week at my place, hydro top drip, 2x 600w hps. didn't notice webbing this morning but at 5 am i may have missed it. i live near Vancouver Canada and I'm hoping to use predators but if I'm shit outta luck then I'll just use a bomb. thanks

2. #3 TinTizzy, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
    just noticed it might be bulk..a grower I know uses them maybe somewhere else has them or maybe they dont cost much

3. swirskii mites are good too they don't go into diapause.

4. thanks dank but what I need are sources for predators. it's easy to google what to use but I'm having a hard time finding sources. I sent an email to koppert like tin said but I'm playing the waiting game or bite the bullet and use a bomb

5. check out buglogical. I just bought some cucumeris mites for thrip maintenance and the package came very professionally and they guarantee live delivery.

6. i hear big time exterminator works well you can check that out

7. #8 abby182000, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2015
    I know in 2 days you can have a huge infestation. I battled my last grow with them. I tried pepper spray, tobacco tea, bombs. All of them worked for a short period of time. The only thing that worked was to make eo water. I used a video on YouTube. Essentially all you do it take apart a heavy duty (not alkaline) lantern battery and use the carbon rods inside. Wrap insulated wire around them (making sure to strip some insulation off for completing the circuit), and connect them to an old DC charger (not ac). Set the carbon rods into a bucket of water, and add salt slowly until one of the rods begins to release bubbles. Leave for an hour or longer. Once the bucket sides are covered in small bubbles it is ready. Add a small about of bubble solution or ivory soap and then spray plants with lights off. Repeat every couple of days until they are gone. This stuff literally explodes the mite, and if any manage to live then it disrupts the cycle by not allowing them to eat and they die anyway. Which is why it is nice to reapply. The mites also can't develop a resistance since it contains no chemicals. This was the only thing that worked when I had them. I was also within a week of harvesting, so since I was saturating plants that had buds. I kept fans on them set to high for the night. They were dry and happy by morning :)

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

8. great. thanks everyone. really appreciate it

9. I cannot find info on this diy water deal. I can't afford mighty wash but I am good at diy projects. Can you post a link to the you tube video?