first time with help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lonefort, Feb 17, 2013.

1. So I am going to be trying to grow for the first time after smoking for more than 30 years.A friend came up with this deal. He has the lights, equipment and the knowledge, I have the place. We ordered 15 feminized seeds from Nirvana. One thing, his HPS light is only 400 watt and from talking to people I think this is not enough. So I am going to buy another light set up and was wondering if the 600 watt will be enough or should I get the 1000. I'm concerned about heat problems with the 1000 but I want to do it the best way. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. [quote name='"lonefort"']So I am going to be trying to grow for the first time after smoking for more than 30 years.A friend came up with this deal. He has the lights, equipment and the knowledge, I have the place. We ordered 15 feminized seeds from Nirvana. One thing, his HPS light is only 400 watt and from talking to people I think this is not enough. So I am going to buy another light set up and was wondering if the 600 watt will be enough or should I get the 1000. I'm concerned about heat problems with the 1000 but I want to do it the best way. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

How large is your grow area? Can you modify the structure ( ie.. cut a vent hole to the attic)? How much do you want to harvest considering a grow takes from three to four months? Are plant counts a factor, is there a number of plants you don't want to exceed? A 1k light draws about 10 amps on its own, is this going to overload the circuit where you want to grow considering most 15 amp breakers will throw at around 80% load?

Its pretty simple, more light means more bud but that does not mean it is best for your situation.

3. Lonefort, it sounds like you may be willing to invest...

Can you alot funds to doing this the right way? Its a matter of setup...AND if intuitive, you can see a return on your investment easily after the first run...

Holler, Ive built I dont know how many growrooms, both real time and from a phone when I was in the hydro industry..

I just need the specs of what YOU want and we can make this happen...

Due diligence will be guided by the light friend..

4. And there's the selling

5. #5 "ridge"racer, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013

Ive already spoken with the mods about this with the accusations..

Please stop, I used to work for the local shop, you got a problem with that?

Didnt think so, be productive or keep walking, we arent impressed..

What I am asking is if he is willing to spend money to do shit the right way...

Next....

I can only sell your dreams friend, you arent able to receive the light....

6. I think your advise in other threads has been spot on, don't listen to that numpty!

7. In two weeks these children will be begging me for help, or watching what Im teaching you guys.

Either way, my experience will shut them up, they cannot escape the eventuality that is coming...

8. Well I'm listening to you buddy. Might need your help soon with nutes for flower, like sugar, or boiled banana for the potassium ?

9. Interesting concept, boiling a banana... I could think on that alone for 10 minutes.. lol

But no, link me a grow when you are getting ready to bloom and we can walk through it together...

10. I'm 2 weeks into flower, started a journal today, And yeah boiler the banana I really want to try

11. I'm two weeks into flower my friend. Im have started a journal but don't no how to link.
    Banana boiling is all I think about. Must be organic?

12. Im not sure of the molecular form of potassium in a banana tho...

You see, potassium in carbonate form (ph up) isnt used for food by the plant...

So like I said, I cannot speculate without specific data at the moment..

13. Oh I see, yes your very right. Even if the molecule is broken down with heat. As I said I have a grow journal with pictures if you want to take a look

14. Go to the first page of your journal, then copy the link from the address bar in your browser, then paste it in a reply here so I can follow the link to your grow, Id love to see it..

15. I'm on the iPad my friend . So no URL bar to copy from. But if you look at my profile and look at all my threads, there's only 1 :)

16. K, will do, promise, bare with me a bit, I need to feed my gals in veg and take a few cuts, lol...

be back soon..

17. [quote name='"ridge"racer']Lonefort, it sounds like you may be willing to invest...

Can you alot funds to doing this the right way? Its a matter of setup...AND if intuitive, you can see a return on your investment easily after the first run...

Holler, Ive built I dont know how many growrooms, both real time and from a phone when I was in the hydro industry..

I just need the specs of what YOU want and we can make this happen...

Due diligence will be guided by the light friend..[/quote]

I am definitely going to invest in this project. I have been spending about $10,000 a year buying weed, so I don't mind spending if it saves me money in the long run. Right now we are still waiting for the seeds to show up.

18. Shit, you dont need ten grand.. lol

my setup was 2500 and I pull "around" 4lbs consistent, well, 2lbs every 35 days or so, on a perpetual kind of deal, but you get it.. And we arent talkin shit weed homie, the most lethal genetics in the game...

I bought most online and then the rest at the hydro store locally....

19. So I am going to be trying to grow for the first time after smoking for more than 30 years.A friend came up with this deal. He has the lights, equipment and the knowledge, I have the place. We ordered 15 feminized seeds from Nirvana. One thing, his HPS light is only 400 watt and from talking to people I think this is not enough. So I am going to buy another light set up and was wondering if the 600 watt will be enough or should I get the 1000. I'm concerned about heat problems with the 1000 but I want to do it the best way. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

This is another thread that I started. Right now we are waiting on the seeds. My buddy has lights set up for vegetation, I just have to buy another light, but am not sure which one to get. I am leaning toward the 600, thinking the 600 and 400 together will be enough for flowering.

20. For 15 baby? 600 and a 400. Go for two 600 or 3 400s. I'm OCD tho so even different pots drive me mad!