Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time with edibles not so much fun

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by B4ND3R5N4TCH, Mar 11, 2012.

1. I just got some new high quality bud not too long ago and had some free time so I decided to make some edibles. I ended up putting about 1-1.4 grams in a nutella sandwich and let it sit for 7 days (suggested time on most posts)

Since it was my first time with edibles, I was pretty excited and was expecting to be goooooone for quite some time. I ate the whole sandwich and after 50min of waiting decided to smoke. Everything was fine until about 30 minutes later when I got a horrid migraine.

About 45min into the migraine I started coming down from the smoke and the headache only got worse. It lasted into the next day.

That damn sandwich did nothing but waste good weed.

What can I do so that next time it's actually worth the effort and an enjoyable experience??

Has this happened to anyone else? I havnt read anything about edibles giving others a headache.

2. You know you have to cook it? Not just let it sit

3. [quote name='"B4ND3R5N4TCH"']I just got some new high quality bud not too long ago and had some free time so I decided to make some edibles. I ended up putting about 1-1.4 grams in a nutella sandwich and let it sit for 7 days (suggested time on most posts)

Since it was my first time with edibles, I was pretty excited and was expecting to be goooooone for quite some time. I ate the whole sandwich and after 50min of waiting decided to smoke. Everything was fine until about 30 minutes later when I got a horrid migraine.

About 45min into the migraine I started coming down from the smoke and the headache only got worse. It lasted into the next day.

That damn sandwich did nothing but waste good weed.

What can I do so that next time it's actually worth the effort and an enjoyable experience??

Has this happened to anyone else? I havnt read anything about edibles giving others a headache.[/quote]

You should use heat ;) look up the peanut putter in the oven recipe on here.

4. Sory to hear about that, headachs suck. I would recommend you make weed butter next time. I have never heard of making a weed sandwich, I always thought that weed needed to be cooked in to things to be effective and safe to ingest, can't remember why.

5. It requires heat to activate THC, so you wouldn't of gotten high.

6. Cook it. You left it in their raw and got a headache? It probably got moldy.

7. #7 B4ND3R5N4TCH, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    I read many many recipes and no, you don't have to heat it. Heating it just speeds up the process. The thc is fat soluble, hence the nutella.

My main issue with cooking is the smell. Since I live in a duplex, I can't have it getting too smelly. Walls are thin.

8. Bandersnatch,

What people are telling you is that the the raw bud contains mostly THCA, which is inactive and won't do much for you. You need to heat it for an appropriate amount of time to convert in into THC, the active form( decarboxylation ).

Anytime you make edibles you need to either do this beforehand, or you need to cook the edible( There's a nice name-calling thread on GC that discussed the religious dogma concerning the temperatures and length of time need to properly do this. I use 220F for 30 minutes).

9. [quote name='"B4ND3R5N4TCH"']I read many many recipes and no, you don't have to heat it. Heating it just speeds up the process. The thc is fat soluble, hence the nutella.

My main issue with cooking is the smell. Since I live in a duplex, I can't have it getting too smelly. Walls are thin.[/quote]

Yes it does but I've never heard of nutella doing the trick. You should retry using peanut butter, also make sure to wrap it in foil cuz I believe you have to when doing so.