First Time Vaporizer Buyer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Grasschopper, Mar 18, 2013.

1. I'm looking to spend between 150.00 and 200.00 on my first vaporizer. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :D

2. For your price range if say get the Da Vinci... It's a portable vape and its just a fantastic piece. I'd recommend different vapes depending if its for a specific purpose but all around great vape I enjoy mine

3. Do you want a portable one or a desk top one?

For a portable one, I'd honestly just go buy MFLB if you just want to try out vaping or a Arizer Solo if you want a good portable unit.

If you want a desktop, the Silver Surfer is hard to beat (if you can find it for $200). I currently own one, and it is my hardest hitting vape of any. Blows the Volcano out in terms of cloud density.

Other good desk top units are the EQ (also buy Arizer), The LSV (7th floor, same guys that make the Silver Surfer), or one of the custom made log vape. Log vapes are good because they are very efficient and still produce some very nice hits. I'm looking to get a second one right now actually. The HI and the Toasty top (both by a guy named Alan) are great, The Underdog IMO has the nicest woods, and then there is the E-Nano which just came out but so far has been getting mad reviews.

You can find all these units for about $200. If you are on a budget, you can find Da Buddah (It's essentially a budget model of the Silver Surfer, it has the same "guts" though).

The cool think about whip and direct draw vapes is you can hook them up to a nice glass bubbler or bong and it just allows for gigantic rips.

I guess in short, are there any specifics you are looking for in your vape? Is portability/ stealth important or do you just want a heavy hitting desktop vape?

4. Portable or desktop?

Portable: magic flight
    Desktop: volcano

5. Did you read the opening post in this thread?

6. Portable is unnecessary. It's for home use. Eventually I will buy a good portable but for now I want to buy something that kicks ass at home. I'd even be willing to spend as much as 300.00 if it made a huge difference. Thanks for the replies and please keep them coming.

7. Portable, unnecessary? It is so nice to take my Solo anywhere with me! I tried it out yesterday and it's like a home unit with an outlet inside of it (better to call it a desktop-portable bridge). Can't beat $160 as a price too and the glass vapor path. Kicked my ass in the woods! :hello:

8. Are the portables as good as the desktops? My concern isn't the price really. I don't mind spending the extra green.

9. #9 Yosh139, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    I have a Da Buddha and got my Solo yesterday. The vapor density from the Solo is comparable to the DBV's IMO. :hello:

Here's a review with a demo at about 10:42

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLsMFtcDVQw](MUST SEE!) THE ARIZER SOLO PORTABLE VAPORIZER REVIEW IN USE & DEMO! - YouTube[/ame]

Also a Da Buddha review for comparison, he starts taking draws at about 2:06 (note, looks like lighting is set up for seeing the vapor a lot better than VapeLife Will's. I usually only have a simple overhead light and I can get visible vapor from both units)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6I_aEjuTY]Da Buddha Vaporizer Review & Demo w/ Silver Surfer Comparison (VapeCritic.com) - YouTube[/ame]

10. Nice bro thanks.