First time vape buyer here looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Frostburg, Jan 29, 2018.

1. That helps alot. Thanks!

2. By the way, so I emailed Arizer and got a response (They are very quick about customer service). The problem with the Vape losing temperature has been resolved. I basically told them that after a session has expired, upon turning it on again, the vape will not climb in temp, but actually hover at a certain temp, and then drop. They responded that this is normal operation for the Air 2. Upon turning it on again, it will start off in idle mode. You must hit the buttons to reset the temp, and then it will begin climbing towards the desired temp.
    So I tested this out by running it through a full 15 minute cycle at 400 F, then waited like 3 minutes after it auto-shutoff. Once I turned it back on, it hovered and began to drop in temp just as it did previously. I then lowered the desired temp to below 400F, and then went back up to 400F. The Air 2 then started climbing normally back to the desired temp. So it was simply me not understanding how idle mode works upon turning it back on. Keep this in mind if this happens to your unit.

As for the comment about it beeping once it has arrived at the proper temp. My unit does not do that. You just see the device climbing up in increments of a degree or a few degrees at a time until it has reached your desired temp. Once it gets there (say, 350F), it will just have the temp displayed and you should know that it has arrived.

3. I'm actually looking into getting one too. Does it produce a good amount of vapor? Also, what is the difference between the Arizer Solo versus Arizer Air?

So bottom line, would you recommend it?

4. #64 Frostburg, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Yes; I absolutely would. My gf and I had an ultra romantic Valentine's Evening this night. I didn't play around: Indoor picnic with candle throughout the house, rose petals in the living room and bed room, playing some intense passion music. We finished the night by vaping and playing some minecraft before she had to go home (she works tomorrow), lol.

It was my second time using the vape with herb, and her first time vaping; she has always combusted. The vape was absolutely fantastic. Couldn't have had a smoother and more exhilarating experience. The romantic tension probably enhanced the mood, but the vape did its job amazingly well. I used the long stem; 110mm, that I ordered separately from Arizer's own website. I set the temp to about 350F initially, eventually upping it to about 380F. It was smooth. No coughing at all this time. Unlike last time, it took me much longer to feel the effects. I think it must be due to the lack of coughing and lowered temp setting. I was excessively cautious this time because the first time I did it, I got knocked on my ass. So I realized I needed to take deeper and more frequent draws. After about 20 minutes of gradually increasing my draw frequencies and sizes, I finally got to really feel the buzz, but it was extremely clear headed; I felt totally lucid. But I was also deliberately trying to not get too wasted because I could have gotten much higher, but didn't want to risk ruining the mood. But it was a powerful high indeed. I know how much it takes me to feel the effect when smoking via a glass spoon. The dosing while using a vape is entirely different and will probably take some experimenting to get right, so anyhow, that will take some getting used to. Aside from the difficulty finding a good temp and vaping technique, it was completely pain free. No coughing or anything. I've never had such a smooth experience. Once I get the dosing down, it will be absolutely perfect.

As for your question about vapor production. I would say the amount of vapor was good. I could feel the vapor enter into my lungs, and could see it clearly as I exhaled.

By the way, I have the blue Arizer Air 2. I havn't used any other vapes in recent times, so I can offer no comparison. But the inhalation is way better than any smoking I've ever, EVER done.

5. Sounds like a fun night!

Seriously, thanks for the info!