First time vape buyer here looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Frostburg, Jan 29, 2018.

1. So I'm new to this forum. My girlfriend is getting me back into smoking after a decent absence. I read the sticky above regarding vapes for newbies, and those are technicals I am still wrapping my head around. I've smoked using a vape before, so I know I enjoy it more than traditional combustion style smoking, especially since I workout and my lungs don't deal with smoke very well. I'm looking for some suggestions:

It will primarily be used in my home. I am an adult (finishing college), so I don't need to worry about it being hidden. While I will be moving soon, so I don't want it to be gigantic, but it doesn't necessarily need to be pocket friendly. Approximately the size of a jar of peanut butter or slightly larger is fine for me, I guess. I don't think I want a whip, and I definitely don't want a bag. Ideally a stem. My main points are: Ease of use (I'm a newbie, but on the other hand, I don't mind spending some time learning if it means quality), quality of hits, and health/cleanliness of vapor (I cough ALOT). I also would like to be able to adjust the heat maybe, as to be efficient (might as well learn). I'm willing to pay about $200-250. I'm hesitant to go to $300 unless it does everything I need perfectly.

I read about the magic flight launch box, and it seems like it would fit my needs; small size, compact, good quality. But it seems a bit complex. I don't mind taking the time to learn, but if it's rocket science, I'm going to be lost.

So, help?

2. I would suggest the Arizer Air 2. I have the original Air, still going strong after 2.5 years. Efficient, very portable and great flavor.
    Arizer AIR 2 - PuffItUp!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oh btw super low maintenance and easy to use.

4. You would recommend the Arizer 2 over the Magic Flight Launch Box?

5. 100% yes

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm intrigued. Can you go into why?

7. Fury or fury 2 are like 120-140 i think. Theres rebrands that are the same as the original fury for like 80-90 bucks but the warranty isn't as good and you dont get the extra glass mouthpieces. But I have a sutra mini that cost 85 bucks and it kicks ass. The only thing that the arizer products are definitely better about are the replaceable batteries and their products have been on the market longer and they seem to last a long time. The fury/fenix mini/sutra/mini/quaint/hippie rebel/grindhouse shift have only been on the market for maybe 10 months and since the battery isnt replaceable it'll probably only last say a year or 2 depending on usage before the battery life becomes a real issue.

If you need replaceable battery arizer products get good reviews. Other then that maybe boundless vapes like the cfv, cf or cfx or the fog from xvape or xmaxx(forget which 1) then dynavap m gets good reviews and its 50 bucks on puff it up

8. But yeah theres way better options now then the magic flight launch box. Its a nice vape but it was released awhile ago and other companies caught up and surpassed them in my opinion. But even by todays standards their product still has some nice features and people still seem to somewhat like it.

9. My mother had a Magic Flight Launch Box and she loved it. Personally I've used several styles of vaporizer before and can say that I love my Vapir NO2 the most out of all the ones I've tried. For just over $100 online you can find one (on eBay for example) and it will serve you well. It has a long battery life and can even be used while it's charging, plus the charging port is on the bottom side so it sits and stands well while the charging cable is plugged in. It's about the size and shape of a Coke bottle and fits comfortably in the hand, there's a digital temp screen that shows you precisely what temp the oven is and it heats up relatively quickly from a cold start. I can't recommend the Vapir NO2 enough to someone looking for a great vape at a reasonable price.
    [​IMG]
    No, I don't work for Vapir, but I wish I did...:love-m3j:

10. Extreme Q...Whip AND Bags..
    Only con I can think of is a lot of glass to break.
    Got mine on Fleabay for $115 inc extras.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Personally I have only used my Swan which has been good these last couple of months. Got mine for around $40 and I love the three heat settings and pre-heat function. Plus it's small and compatible with almost all cartridges. The downside to this piece is that I have misplaced it twice, so I am looking to get something for my home use that's bigger.

12. I looked this up on Youtube. Reviews look good, but state that it has a very limited capacity. It would be between my girlfriend and I. She's a bigger smoker than I am, but I need it to be able to accommodate two people without having to reopen, empty, clean and reload the vape. That just sounds like cumbersome process mid-smoking.

13. I’ve had the boundless cfx for 2 years daily use not one problem what so ever. I always tell ppl to buy it. Only complaint is it takes 2 or 3 hits for it to fully warm up. It’s on sale too. Holds close to a gram I never even grind it either just shove it in and go
    Vaporizers | Vape Mood

• Like Like x 1
  14. Don't forget the Arizer Solo. 'Highly Recommended'

• Like Like x 2
  15. It will primarily be used in my home.....Corded vapes have different advantages than portables. For myself its power, efficiency and ease of use.

Approximately the size of a jar of peanut butter or slightly larger is fine for me, Of the 2 corded models I am suggesting the E Nano is way smaller than a food jar and the second Da Buddha is larger by a bit

I don't think I want a whip, and I definitely don't want a bag. Ideally a stem. Both come with glass stems. As to whips there are times and situations where whips are very useful.

Ease of use.....The E Nano is a very easy to use vape, fill and hit is about it, the Da Buddha takes a little tinkering to optimize but once you tune it for yourself it stays set.

cleanliness of vapor.....Both suggested vapes come with glass air paths and ceramic heaters.

I also would like to be able to adjust the heat.....Rotary dials for both.

I'm willing to pay about $200-250.....E Nano $190.00 EpicVape
    Da Buddha $190.00 Da Buddha Vaporizer®

16. Da Buddha is a great vaporizer. I had its brother the Silver Surfer and really enjoyed it - Spent about a few hundred dollars on various custom blown glass pieces for it over the years lol. Buddy of mine had a 5 foot tall acrylic bong he'd leave at my place and we'd take monster vape rips with the hose stuck in the downstem. The only downside is there's no readout for the temperature so you have to adjust the knob to dial-in your perfect temp ranges (and maybe put some little stickers on the body of the unit indicating where the low, medium and high vape temps are) but the construction is solid, the heating element is ceramic (and has the same atomic structure as a ruby if I'm not mistaken) and whatever isn't metal is thick, quality glass.

Word of caution: It's easy to ignite the bowl if the temps are too high and/or the bowl is packed too tightly. If it starts to combust you'll know because the transparent vapor will turn super milky white and will hit you like a fucking monster truck if you inhale it. You'll cough your lungs out but get super freakin' high at the same time.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. I am also currently looking at the Arizer V-Tower desktop vaporizer. It appears to be high quality and simple. What are the thoughts about this one?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Originally i had the arizor solo it isn't bad. I didn't like the long slow draws to get a decent amount of vapor.

The latest solo looks good i smashed multiple stems traveling with it not the best for portability, it's easy to to clean biggest pro!
    I also have a sticky brick junior for home use only gives big hits too.

£40 for a dynavap m
    Good entry price

Got sick of charging batteries so iv gone to torch vapes.

Instant hits, don't have to worry about forgetting you left it on heat up.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I looked at the Arizer Solo and it is very different from the V-Tower. The V-Tower is a desktop vape, and would likely have more power than the Solo, which might account for your vapor power problem. I'm very much considering the V-Tower, but am wondering if anyone here has any opinions on it, or would recommend something else otherwise.