First time using Diphenhydramine

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Nomad23, Sep 12, 2009.

1. So, here's a story about the Diphenhydramine (Found in Benadryl) trip I had last night (Awesome intro). This also has a few pointers to help newcomers.

So, I took about 4 caps (100mg) at 7pm, and waited, around 8pm, I had very small effects. The edges of my peripheral vision were completely blackened out, and walking was a bit challenging, but not to hard. So around 10:30pm, I decided to take 8 more caps (200mg), I read from erowid (I recommend reading up on this website for any drugs you want to try but can't ask me for some reason, I mean they literally have a database of info on every drug know to man, with experience stories so you can know what to expect) So anyways, according to Erowid 300mg is the average dose, so I went with that. Since the half life of Diphenhydramine (the active ingredient) is 4 hours, I still had the original 100mg still floating around, so 300mg was the total I took for the night, a dose within reasonable bounds.

At 11pm, I kissed my mom goodnight, as she and my dad went to bed. I lay in my bed, feeling no additional effects. Around 11:45, the trip was creeping up on me. I started to hear whispers, but I could not understand what was being said. I heard my name called, and I looked for the caller, but no one was in sight. After that, I looked into the living room, and it was pretty dark. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadowy figure of a little girl. It dashed across the room, and when I focused on it, it disappeared. After that, I decided to go on my laptop for a bit. When I was browsing, I saw my dog's head to the left of my screen. I went to pet him, but my hand went through, and he disappeared. So I shrugged it off, and kept browsing. I looked up into the living room, and saw the little girl again, she sidestepped quickly, and she was gone. I looked over to my dresser and saw a figure of what looked like a mouse (the animal not a computer mouse), I took my flashlight, and shone it at the location, but all I saw was a wagging rat tail. So I decided maybe shadows aren't really the best to have during a trip (Defiantly do this in a well lit room with no harsh shadows, have nice soft lighting if possible), so I turned my room's light on. The light was blinding, but I soon adjusted. I went to turn on my computer by my desk, but on the wall behind my desk, there was writing all over the wall. I couldn't read most of it, but I could make out words like "run" and "adjective".

After reading the wall, I decided to go to the bathroom to pee. As I was walking in the dark, I felt as if someone was staring at me, but when I turned, nothing was there. So I went to the bathroom, and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror (Use caution when looking at mirrors, I've heard some people seeing monster versions of themselves that were so realistic they freaked the fuck out). The shower curtain behind me was fluttering like it was in the wind, but when I turned around, it was motionless. Again I walked through the dark living room, stumbling as I felt like my calfs were 100 pound weights. After I got back in. I was breathing a bit heavy, so I lay on my bed. I shut the door behind me, and listened to some Jason Mraz on my laptop. The music sounded awesome, and music notes and the lyrics were flying at me. They hit my chest, and there was a cooling sensation every impact. Out of nowhere, I heard my dad talking, and it sounded like he was outside of my door. But I could not understand what he was saying, and as I tried to focus on it, the speaking died down. It was then I realized I could not differentiate between reality and hallucinations.

At this point, it's 12pm, and the last hour felt like 4 or 5. When I was laying in my bed, I felt a tingling sensation on my legs, it felt like spiders were crawling on them. So I brushed my leg with my hand, and it stopped, and it returned minutes later. So I took them above the covers, so the cool air would get rid of the spiders, and it stopped. Now I was really starting to feel Mr.Mraz's lyrics, and the computer screen had purple lines flying all over it, looked cool. I felt at peace. All of a sudden, I snapped into a conversation I was having with my friend Skye, he was next to me. I don't remember what I said to him or he said to me, but it certainly wasn't english. We said a few things and me and him chuckled over something. I then realized he wasn't there, and he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

After that, I looked at the wires from all my chargers (laptop, cellphone, dvd player), they were writhing around like snakes, except they did not move forward, they were wiggling in place. I looked at my shoes, and they were dancing too, as well as my shoe boxes, and my trashcan was rotating in place.

It was about 1pm at this time, but I didn't have a relative sense of time, it seemed like mere seconds ago it was 12pm, but at the same time it felt like hours had passed. After that, I started to feel really tired, so I turned the light off and tried to sleep. I couldn't because in the dark there were several figures standing over my body, just staring, so I decided to keep the light on and sleep. That was about all I remember, as I fell asleep pretty quick, which was nice for once. I remember having vivid and awesome dreams, but can't remember anything about them.

For my first time on Diphenhydramine, it was OK. There were some times where I got scared of some of the things that I hallucinated, but when I reassured myself it was all in my head, all was good. Other than those few unpleasant parts, the rest is best described as interesting. It wasn't like a euphoric high like E, but more of a deep thought high. For someone like me, who is naturally curious about almost anything, it was fun, you really get to explore the deepest chasms in your mind. I would defiantly recommend it to people, but I stress that EVERYONE who tries it, has a sober person watching them. I didn't, I could have easily hurt myself in a hallucination. But if you can stay calm like me, you can handle it all.

I rate it 7/10.

2. damn,sounds like if you cant handle it you will have a horrible time.nice review

3. Yea man. It can go from an intresting trip to a nightmare in seconds. Just one negative thought and it can be a nightmare. But it's still an expierience.

4. Congrats man.
    Diphenhydramine is one of my favorite drugs, especially when mixed with DXM. A lot of people claim its a terrible drug, but that is because they dont know how to handle it.

Glad you had a good trip.