First time trying to grow outdoors

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by goose89, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Hello,

Got my hands on some autoflowering feminized seeds and always wanted to try growing my own. Throughout my research I've seen so many different methods i've just confused myself even more! I have a few rockwool cubes but not sure if this is the best way to go. Friend of mine also gave me a heating tray with dome. I wanted to know for growing outdoors, to germinate my seeds would rockwool be my best option or should I order one of those rapid rooter trays? If someone can give help me out with telling me the best germination process for absolute beginner, best potting soil to get and size pots I should buy and give me a brief overview of going from germinating to getting it ito soil outdoors etc...so I can get these plants out into the sunlight ASAP. All your help or tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    * and if someone can point me in the right direction to a one stop shop where I can order all the necessary supplies would be great!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have never grown outdoors but from my experience rapid rooters or anything peat based is a much better way to start off your plant indoors or out.
    Peat is natural and non toxic, where as rockwool is synthetic and has to be flushed of toxins before use.
    You don't have to buy the big trays, you can pick up rapid rooters or lots of other peat based rooters from any garden center.
    Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Ebay or online is always a great place to buy everything but I prefer to give my business to someone local and independent.
    I suggest you Google up a local hydro store and you will find everything you need.
    The guy who runs mine is a botanist so every time I go in its a lesson in growing.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Used Pete worm casting and compost for your soil and you peay only to germinate your seeds and Transplant into your final pot make sure you amend your soil so all you have to do is water

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Debo187/211, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Get yourself some decent soil, foxfarm,or roots, or black gold or whatever you like. Then fill up red party cups with soil then add water you want to prewet the soil in each cup. Dont forget to poke drainage holes at the bottom of those cups.. get a pencil and poke a shallow maybe 1 inch hole in the center of the soil in the red cups.. drop the seed and cover it with soil.. not to much just add enough to cover 1 inch hole you made maby a little more but not to much. Then water the spot where the seeds at a little.. place them under light and walk outside. Grab a shovel and go to where you want to plant them and start digging holes I like to go no more then 2 feet deep and however wide you'd like to go across.. this year I did 2.5,x2.5 . Inch holes that were 2 feet deep. About 12 gallons of soil in each hole.. but you can make them as big as you like.. if you have gopher problems line the bottom of the hole you dug with steel wire mesh or some type of whatever that will keep them out..then dump the soil you bought into the holes fill them halfway add a little lime if you want so you dont have to worry about ph`ing everytime you water them... when the cups are rooted and the plants are strong , happens fast with autos. Get the cups turn then upside down and pop them out place them on top of the prewet halfway filled holes and finish filling them .. when you're done doing that and they are all sitting in their new home ,add more water ... dont worry its hard to overwater outdoor plants... people say dont transplant autos but you can do whatever you want.. people say alot of things, also dont worry about flushing just dont overfeed and completely stop feeding 1 or two weeks before harvest, goodluck.

• Like Like x 1