Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time smoking, terrible experience. Was the experience a normal one?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 18 U.S.C. § 1111, May 16, 2017.

1. First of all, I want to start by saying that I am completely new here, and I am not sure if this is the right section to post this in. If it isn't then I apologize, just let me know where it should be posted, and I will re-post it there.

So I had my first experience smoking a few days ago. I've never had any kind of drug before, not even prescription; I do however, smoke cigarettes. I heard that weed is supposed to give you a feeling of relaxation or something like that. I rolled a .5 gram joint, and after each drag, I would keep it in my lungs for around 5 to 6 seconds (until I felt like I was going to cough). After I finished the joint I didn't really feel much, but about a minute or two later, I started feeling numb all over, which I didn't find too bad, and I think that is a desired affect from weed (I'm not sure it's desired or intended though, because like I said, I am completely new). About 30 seconds after that, I got double vision, (not normal double vision, but like each eye was seeing things independently if that makes sense). I got up to go inside, and I was stumbling all over like I was drunk. I got to my room, and after I sat down I got really tired, and couldn't focus on anything. My double vision was getting worse, and by now my vision started pulsing as well, and my arms, hands, legs, etc. were twitching. Within a minute after, I was seeing colorful pictures and shapes in my vision, like what I imagine a psychedelic is like. I decided to lie down and try to sleep it off. By the time I laid down, about 5 or 8 minutes had passed since I finished smoking. I closed my eyes, but the visions were still there. A few minutes later, and every so often after that I had to keep reminding myself to swallow. Every time that I would open my eyes, my whole body would jerk, almost like a spasm. Eventually I just decided not to open my eyes anymore. A little later I started to feel very nauseated, and ended up barfing until there was nothing left to barf. This was a terrible experience for me, and the only thing that I could think about was that I wanted it to end. I felt like dying. The morning after, I felt very hazy, I had a headache, and I felt like I had a very very very small buzz.

I am not sure whether it is relevant, but I believe that it was sativa.

Is this what smoking weed is like? If what I experienced was the desired effect of weed, then I don't think that it is for me. And if that isn't what it is supposed to be like, then please let me know what I did wrong, so that doesn't happen again.

2. I wouldn't be holding your drags in for that long man! That would probably KO me too! I can only share my opinion from my personal experience, but for me weed has got more enjoyable over the years as your tolerance builds up. I smoke on average a bowl a day, some days more, some days not at all. But as you learn to manage the high, you become more functional whilst high and the quality of the experience improves in relation to its 'manageable-ness' (in my opinion). However, everyone i different.. sounds like you went in hard for your first time though, so don't be deterred from any future experience. Happy smoking. J

EDIT: incase you didn't know a bowl is a bong hit basically

3. You just smoked way more than you should have for the first time. What you experienced was really a result of over indulging. People think "oh it's just weed" and want to smoke so much at one time when the truth of the matter is a little goes a long way, at least if your tolerance isn't high. More does not always mean better. If you want to smoke again I recommend taking just one hit (might want to use a bowl if you can) and don't smoke any more than that. If within 20 mins you aren't satisfied smoke just a little bit more.

And yeah as said above you don't have to hold in hits that long. Personally I think a deep inhale and exhale is fine but if you want to hold it for a couple seconds that's all you need. Also understand that weed won't force you to be relaxed. It can have the opposite effect too. But if you are relaxing it will enhance that and help you relax more. You gotta want weed to let you chill and you need to allow it to chill you out. Listen to some good relaxing music and kick back somewhere cozy and let it work it's magic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. You smoked too much for your first time, especially if it was some good bud. You should have taken 2-4 hits off that half gram joint and then put it out and smoked more if you weren't feeling anything 15 minutes later...What happened to you is called greening out, if you decide to try it again, maybe grab a pipe instead of a joint so you can control the amount you are smoking more and just take a couple hits and see how you feel

• Like Like x 3
  5. Drink a bottle of Jack for your first alcohol high....you may have bad feelings too. :)

You'll be fine. Do a little, check it out, do a littlle.....its all about balance with what you are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You said you also smoke cigs, did you smoke one direcly before or after tge joint? Cigs tend to amplify the affects of weed in not to desirable ways ie: nausia, headace, pukeing... Pretty much everything you had.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Thank you for all of the quick replies, I appreciate all of the help. I didn't realize that would be too much for me even though I didn't have a tolerance, because it seemed pretty small, lol. Next time I smoke I will smoke less, and see how I feel before smoking more. And I will try to do something very relaxing beforehand. I will try again in about 3 days. Thanks so much again for all of the help.

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 grasscoty, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Everything was good in your post up to that part.

I had a bad experience on an un mentionable ONE timne. I never did that again. No questions asked. A decision was made.

If you continue to have these things happen after each time you smoke, then I suggest you don't smoke. Don't do any drugs at all. Not even cigarettes.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry, but its not about having these things happen after each time he smoke, as a beginner you just cannot smoke more than 1-4 hits if you want a good pleasant high, it is totally normal that this happened to him if he smoked a whole joint.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 3 years, 1 hit still all it takes for me to get nice and medicated.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I completely disagree with most of the people replying, I don't think you smoked too much at all in fact 0.5 might be the perfect amount for your first time. In all honesty it sounds like there was something in your weed. You should not experience visions or have a pulsing vision, and you definitely should not be twitching or jerking. Marijuana should literally make you not do these things I'm starting to wonder if any of these people know anything about the medical benefits of Marijuana, lol. The fact that you had that intense of a high and a hangover the next day from just smoking 0.5 makes me to believe it wasn't weed or something was in your weed. The only bad experience I've had from Marijuana was paranoia and feeling that 'life wasn't real' after my third time smoking Marijuana in the eighth grade. I was just stoned as hell. After 6 years of smoking Marijuana I have never experienced anything close to that. Where do you live? are you buying from a good source? Like dude you shouldn't be getting visuals it's just weed lmao. However, I do also recommend that you take it easy your first few times until you build a tolerance. I don't think that 0.5 of a gram is too much at all. I don't think you were smoking weed, maybe K2 or another spice that looks similar to Marijuana. Check your sources and get some good bud smoke till your comfortable level of being high and build a good tolerance. I'm mind blown you had affects like that, that's super shitty I'm sorry I really don't think it was weed. Hope this helps.

• Disagree Disagree x 1