Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time smoking question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dhregdaman, Aug 12, 2018.

1. So yesterday was my first time smoking, a friend of mine told me me eat before I smoked so I ate some pizza, and ended up drinking a nip of vodka. After I smoked I was all wobbly and couldn’t walk straight the effects hit about 10 mins after taking about 6 hits, when I sat down everything in my upper body was extremely tingly. It was all normal until one of my friends started telling me I was high, the tingling increased and it felt like my heart was going to explode, I ended up not feeling very well instantly and they had me go to the bathroom to wash my face, I curled up in a corner with no strength to get up I was also sweating like crazy, then a little while later I ended up laying down on the couch. I threw up a lot before I ended up falling asleep for the night, I was wondering why this happened or what caused me to just feel absolutely sick and feeling like I was going to die. The next day I feel extremely tired and weak. Any clarity would be appreciated, also what to do in the future to prevent it from happening again.

2. Alcohol can increase the effects of weed. And now that I'm reminded.... anyways seemed like you greened out. You definitely shouldn't have taken 6 hits your first time lol. Just smoke less and probably not smoke. Sounds like you had a good night tho lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alcohol and Cannabis don't mix very well, to prevent it from happening again just don't toke after you start drinking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree, alcohol and cannabis are synergistic and I use them together for just this reason. You smoked too much for the first time and the vodka didn't help. I'm sorry you got sick. Take it easy next time- you can always smoke more- give it a chance to work after a couple of hits. Good luck.

5. Weed before liquor...never sicker!

Liquor before weed is vomit indeed!

Vodka+pizza = vomit

Weed will only remedy a hangover but it also makes a good excuse for literally anything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 TayeMega, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    I think OP took in too much THC for his first time and combined with alcohol, produced these effects. OP, start slow and know your limits. I have smoked weed and drank alcohol on many occasions and have had some awesome experiences. A few things that I would recommend when consuming alcohol + weed (some are obvious)...

1. Eat Beforehand - I would recommend a sandwich/hero or chicken. I would never recommend pizza before or after. Most bars in different cities have pizza spots open late right next to the bar/club. Don't do it - its a fuckin trap :)

2. Stay hydrated - Water, juice throughout the day and as you are drinking and smoking throughout the evening/night

3. Mixed drinks are king - Stick to top shelf whether at home or at the bar/club. Henny, Ciroc, etc. Mix drinks allow you to slowly consume your alcohol as opposed to taking shots which will hit you harder. Stick to one type of alcohol when smoking. Don't mix your alcohol like white/dark or liquor/beer.

4. Snacks...Hope you have snacks.

5. Take your time. Relax. Enjoy.

6. Pro Tip before smoking and drinking: Take some advil a few hours before starting to drink and smoke. The combination of staying hydrated and taking advil will prevent hangovers and help from greening out IF you didn't overdo it.

Stick to these tips and I guarantee that you will be FUCKED UP and LIT without a lot of those side effects.