Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time smoker, gentlemen.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Barack Obama, Aug 2, 2013.

1. #1 Barack Obama, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
    I recently received my medicinal marijuana license and I just started smoking. I decided to try out marijuana after I heard it would help my anxiety, depression, and stress. Well, yesterday I smoked for the first time. I picked up a gram of Blueberry Kush, according to leafly it would help with my anxiety, 70mm ZigZags, and a AeroSpaced grinder.

I rolled one 0.5gm joint and I felt I did a horrible job. The thing was a mess and it was tearing up from the top a bit. And I don't know how often a joint should be relit, but I found myself relighting it after every hit. And for that reason, I am here to ask for advice. I have a small shopping list, and want to know what you guys think about it for a beginner.

• Automatic Cigarette Rolling Machine or RAW Rolling Machine.
    • RAW classic papers, or organic? Difference?
    • RAW prerolled tips, so I don't fuck up my own rolls.

And lastly a basic RAW tray...

What do you guys think? And if you guys can recommend any dispensarys in the NORTH OC area that would be great. My town was full of dispensarys until the city decided to close them down. And I know there are some open around that you can't find on WeedMaps, so if you guys know of any, that helps. As for strains, I'll be trying Blueberry Kush and Af-Wreck to treat my anxiety as it's they are the only strains that I can find locally that may best help me.

2. it'll take you a few times to roll good. you should do it yourself instead of getting a machine just so you learn. also you light the joint once and it stays lit. 

but id also recommend a glass piece since it conserves weed. you can pick one up for $10-20 and it'll last you forever. 

3. #3 Barack Obama, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013

@B I G (No Notorious) With that being said, I suppose I didn't a shitty job at rolling my first blunt. Every time I lit and hit it it would suddenly turn to ash, and I found myself having to relight.

4. Welcome to the world of Medicinal Marijuana  :bongin:

5. Trust me on this, you should definitely  get RAW rolling machine over the automatic. Also get RAW classic papers and tips along with the machine. As for the tray you can get that too if you want or use any other tray at home.

Why the manual over automatic? The automatic seems so easy to use. I want to know why as I want to learn. Thanks for the reccomendation on the papers, as for the tips, it shouldn't make a difference whether I get the ready to roll or pre-rolled ones huh?

7. At least this one looks better than the last. I couldn't twist both ends, but I got one, which side should i light up? Please respond asap I need this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Don't smoke blunts if you're new man. Smoke joints, assuming you know the difference. And don't worry about the brands of papers, everyone has their own preference. I've heard raws were a little harder to roll before though.

That joint doesn't look bad, and you only need to twist the end you won't hit the weed from. Btw, put in a filter! roll up an inch of paper so its like a round accordion. also, now you'll be able to hit it without having to relight, and you won't get anything into your mouth,

10. Oops yeah I did mean joint not blunt. I didn't know there was a difference in papers really? I just want to get something like a 79mm as the 70mm zigzags I picked up look small.

By the way, how many hits should I be taking? I finished that joint in like 2 minutes.

11. I suggested the manual because its more simple and portable etc... as for the hits your taking off the joint you should be getting more than 10, it doesnt really matter how many hits your taking as long as you smoke the joint lol 

12. Thanks for the help, guys!

13. Buy a bowl till you get rolling down. Otherwise with loose joints, your wasting your herb.

14. i knew the prez was a hypocrite.

15. The easiest paper to learn how to roll is the JOB 1.5 size. Its what I learned with and its what I taught all my friends to roll with. Theyre extra big so you have more room to correct your errors. That being said once you've mastered JOBs, switch to all natural papers as soon as you can because they're better for your health. Try to avoid rolling machines, not because they don't work, but because there is nothing more satisfying than rolling a perfect joint by hand and smoking it. Its like art you can smoke! Its not a bad idea to buy a cheap glass piece until you've mastered rolling either.
    The most important part of rolling is the first TUCK, when you curl the paper over the weed. "Tuck and roll" is all you gotta know to become a pro. After that it's just practice.
    The reason you have to keep relighting the joint is most likely because your first tuck is not tight enough for the paper and weed to burn evenly together. Try to keep everything as tight as you can. It takes awhile to get good but don't give up and go to a machine roller! They're lame!

16. PS when I put .5 grams in a joint it'll usually burn for 15 minutes. the looser the joint the more air flow there is, which means bigger hits, but it will burn 5 times faster

17. #19 Barack Obama, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  18. #20 Barack Obama, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used a dollar to roll this time. So easy. Now I regret buying a roller. And I used some cardboard for the tip...looks ok.

What's the purpose of twisting the end?