Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

first time problems...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by allie_014, Jul 2, 2013.

1. So i recently smoked weed for the first time. I was looking forward to it because so many people have such good experiences smoking weed, and my friends told me how your first high is supposedly the best.

well if that's true I'm really bummed because it was aweful... idk why. I got super dizzy and felt a little sick and I thought well maybe that's normal since my body isn't used to it. but then i just completely zoned out. I felt a little paranoid that it would'nt end and i just wasn't having a good time. My head hurt my muscles felt tingly and i felt numb in some places. i was jittering.... I was really tyring to just take it all in and enjoy it but it was just a bad time.. My friend seemed fine though. I can't even remember it all. what did I do wrong? was it laced? did I have too much for my first time? Honestly, I did have a good maybe 10 hits... was it just too much for me to handle for my first time, and will it be better next time I smoke if I maybe just take less?

2. thats what we call that sticky icky, stanky danky, or OOOOH WEEEEE

i kill for those kinda highs now. 

3. Please don't give up hope! Everyone has a bad high once or twice, this was definitely a fluke and shouldn't happen again. I urge you to try it again, You'll be happy you did. Good luck!

4. Yup, you did have too much.

Try taking about 1 - 2 hits, then wait 20 mins.

Then adujst again with the number of hits.

5. #5 ybt_sun, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    That right there is the problem new tokers face- tolerance issues.

You didn't know where your tolerance was, so you consumed more THC than your body is comfortable handling. Instead of feeling the peaceful, happy buzz, you got the paranoia.

Won't happen again when you decrease your amount of hits, or smoke more reg/mids and less dank.

Used to happen for me... crappy feeling until you learn that you can focus yourself out of it. Once you become more of a regular smoker, it won't happen again.

6. 10 hits is a bit aggressive for a first timer, but i remember my first time very clearly and we shared very similar thoughts/experiences...you were on point when you said that it is normal because your body isnt used to it...this may seem dumb but smoking is sort of like learning how to ride a bike...the first time seems scary and isnt very fun, but the more and more you do it, the easier and more enjoyable it becomes...anxiety and paranoia are NORMAL, they are part of the effects marijuana has on your brain...i got control of my paranoia the 4th or 5th time i smoked, but every now and then it gets out of control...

i cant wait till its legal and i wont ever have to be paranoid of cops or people judging me ever again  :smoke:

7. ya way to much for your first time....hell its to much for your first 20 times....
    as others have posted just hit it 2-4 times, wait 15 or 20 mins and then rinse and repeat.
    you will get your legs under you soon enough as you get a little bit of tolerance going.
    youll be laughing about this 20 years from now :smoking:

8. Then again, you might just be a lightweight. It's ok though, I wont tell yo mama.B)

dilligaf

9. Sounds kinda like you're being a bitch.
    Try it again, listen to some music and eat some good food.
    Go somewhere safe and comfortable to avoid getting paranoia.
    Try to relax as much as possible and just feel happy.
    Don't overthink your high or what's going on around you.

10. The dizziness/sick feelings is often referred to as the spins. Some people are more prone to them early on then others. I remember smoking with my cousin for his first time. He took 3 rips off my monster bong (4 feet long) then I noticed he was looking down.. He raised his hand over his mouth and I bolted out of the room! He vomited into his hand with his fingers spread out causing a sprinkler effect of vomit soaking 2 other guys and his buddies room. So it could be worse ;) If you do feel sick or dizziness coming on just let everyone know your good. Try closing your eyes .. usually helps with the dizziness. I got a little dizzy/nauseas my first time hitting a gravity bong. You'll toughen up, no worries ;) It all becomes less intense over time and before you know it you will be posting "Man, I wish I could get that high again!'' 

11. Raising a thread from July 2013 back from the dead?

12. bahaha I didn't even notice the necro 

13. You smoked too much. Smoke less then try again. You have to get used to how being high feels