First time no till.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Triple6Greens, May 4, 2016.

1. Have some last questions before I start this. It's my first time at no till and I want to get it right.

Soil

3cuft compost
    3cuft peat moss ( 10% perlite )
    3cuft red lava rock
    5 cups neem
    5 cups kelp
    5 cups crab
    9 cups malted barley/wheat ( 50/50)
    10 ltr biochar
    25lbs glacier rock dust
    5 cups gypsum
    In the end I have about 10cuft

Containers

10 gallon smart pots
    I know I should have bigger pots but it's what I'm working with.

Additives

Bioag ful power
    Protek
    Tm7
    Vam

I would have to look at the bags and bottle for amounts but the vam and Tm7 I add during transplant

The bioag and pro tek I use every 14 days? Correct? Or should I be using it more often?
    Also do I have to always use the bioag and ful tek or at some point can I stop using them?

Organic additives

Aloe
    I'm growing 3 aloe plants

Coconut water
    Will be using fresh coconuts

Barley/wheat
    I got a 50/50 mix of malted barley and wheat

It's my understanding I add the aloe and coconut with the pro tek and bioag.

How often should I use the barley/wheat?

Could I alternate weeks where one week I use aloe coconut bioag and pro tek and the next week I just make my sst?

Or is it best to give the plant all the additives all at once?

How often should I use sst?

Top dress

Top dress with neem/kelp/malted barley powder at the start of veg cycle and flower cycle.

Mulch

I will be using leaves and very small sticks.
    It's basically all the stuff from the trees that have piled on my roof over the years.

Water

I will have to figure out my own watering schedule. I'm growing outside so I may have to water everyday or every other day.

Imp

Neem oil, insect soap, and captain jacks deadbug

Will spray plants 2X a week. Once with dead bug and again with neem/soap

Worms

I will be getting worms from my yard. I was told 5-10 worms per 10gal of soil.

I looked up a method of using soapy water to bring worms to the surface. Going to give it a go

I think that covers anything. I know it's alot but any help is help.
    Thanks for any input in advanced

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Looks good to me. Never heard of Cap' Jacks Deadbug before.

In terms of the full power and protek - I use it once a week. I'm on a SIP setup now so I let the reserve get low for a few days and then top water with my kelp, aloe, full power, and protek mix.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Captain jacks is made by Bonnie. They have tons of pest control products but this is there kinda all in one.

Thanks. I was looking into the sip method, but I have easy access to water my plants everyday if needed.

I could give them light watering 2X a day and it wouldn't bother me ...

4. I am evangelistic about SIP. I watered based on feel/weight before and my plants were OK... but switching to SIP they just blow up. I don't know if I've just got my soil dialed in or if its the SIP - but whatever I got going on now I am happy with.

5. I've been looking into sip but haven't talked to anyone about it, maybe you would be the best right one to speak with about it. Reading is always great but it's not the same a conversation with someone that has experience on the subject, one day if you have time that is. I'm new to organic's switching over to no till in about a week when supplies arrive.

Overgrow the government

6. I think I may try this sip method. Only cause I found containers for free.

7. I would have to look at the bags and bottle for amounts but the vam and Tm7 I add during transplant
    - vam during transplant. Tm7 you add with watering once a month. dont go over the amount on the label if you dont want problems, its strong stuff!

Also do I have to always use the bioag and ful tek or at some point can I stop using them?

- niether are a must, but both enhance plant growth and health. ideally you will always keep using them, but its your decision.

The bioag and pro tek I use every 14 days? Correct? Or should I be using it more often?
    It's my understanding I add the aloe and coconut with the pro tek and bioag.

- use fullpower just when applying malted barely.
    - aloe and protek you can add to every watering/foliar

How often should I use the barley/wheat?
    -once every week or two.

Could I alternate weeks where one week I use aloe coconut bioag and pro tek and the next week I just make my sst?

-yes.

How often should I use sst?

malted barely is your sst so no need to do both.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Once a fucking-gan Scooby thanks a million !

• Like Like x 1
  9. Also my prices for everything.
    Some things I didn't use all of it so I have some left over

3cuft compost
    6.99X3=20$
    3cuft peat moss ( 10% perlite )
    3.8cuft 40$
    3cuft red lava rock
    3X3.76=12$
    5 cups neem
    17$
    5 cups kelp
    17$
    5 cups crab
    20$
    9 cups malted barley/wheat ( 50/50)
    5$
    10 ltr biochar
    20$
    25lbs glacier rock dust
    24$
    5 cups gypsum
    13$

Just under 200$ for 10cuft is soil or about 20$ a cuft

Does this sound alright? Mind you I do have left over goods

• Like Like x 1
  10. Why 10% perlite? Doesn't the lava rock meet aeration needs?

11. I didn't know till I got it home and opened it up...

Sunshine mix 4

12. Ah okay, I was just wondering because I thought you mixed it that way yourself for some reason. I am also planning for a notill grow, so this thread is a great reference. I'll be posting my shopping list too once it's all ready :)

13. Most my amendments I got off Amazon..... no one carries neem or crab meal

Compost, lava rock, peat moss I bought at Lowe's

14. get neem oil and meal at neemresource.com

• Like Like x 1
  15. Will it hurt to substitute dolomitic lime instead of oyster shell, I got a 40 lb bag of dolomitic lime for less than $4 it's gonna cost $45 to get a bag of oyster shell shipped here

Overgrow the government

16. Starring for digging for worms in the back yard

I tired the soap and water but no luck. It has been raining and I think the rain drove the worms deeper into the soil.

Just got a pic fork and went to work in the dirt. Found a bunch of worms !

• Like Like x 5
  17. Nice! Put those puppies to work!

• Like Like x 1
  18. So I think I will make this my journal.
    I want to help no till noobs as I am one my self.

I got all my transplanted today! But I am running late for mother days, and don't have time to post pics and info so I will later.

• Like Like x 2