First Time Manifold - Could use advice on post-Manifold pruning...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Dazed540, Feb 3, 2019.

?

To Manifold or not to Manifold?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends on Growth area/Plant Type/Yield Goal; but in general yes.

100.0%
  4. Depends on Growth area/Plant Type/Yield Goal; but in general no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. High everybody,

So I've manifolded the plant (Strawberry Cough) per the usual method. Wait until she has six nodes, cut down to the third. Repeat the process with each growth tip until you have the desired number of growth tips (potential colas). What I could use advice on now is how to prune as each tip grows. The internode spaces seem pretty dense so I was wondering if it made sense to prune every other one, alternating sides of the stem? Obviously the leaves that are growing now will be eventually covered with others and die off anyway - I'm just wondering how to train it for the optimal yield essentially with a Manifolded 8 cola indoor Plant in organic soil, peat moss, earth worm castings and Perlte and rocks at the bottom of the pot. Using Vegamatrix Nut's. Also, when do I know it's time to transplant to a larger pot? When it stops growing essentially or is there another way to check - like pulling on the base of the stem to see if the soil mass is contained by a solid root matrix; to the point you can just lift the whole plant with the soil intact (mostly) out of the pot? I plan on transplanting her from this pot into a 5 Gal for veg and again into a 22Qt for Flower. Any help, especially with the pruning advice from here on out would be appreciated.

The Manifold outlined in Red.jpg

Attached Files:

2. There is no schedule or plan to growing a plant. You just get in front of your plant, look at it, and start doing whatever feels right.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Let me know if you need more pictures, from a certain angle or part of the plant and/or in a different light. And any further info you might think prudent.

4. Sounds good player.

5. I'll proceed with my plan described above then...

6. As a rule of thumb, when the above the soil portion of the plant is about the same volume as the pot its in, its time to transplant into bigger soil. Remember, plants need about the same mass in roots as they have in foliage, so if it looks like your pot is too small to fit the green part you need to upcan.

7. Let me know if you need more pictures, from a certain angle or part of the plant and/or in a different light. And any further info you might think prudent.

8. Awesome, thanks a lot man. Yes this looks like it needs to be transplanted I believe. However, should I transplant and then prune or vice versa... I don't want to stress the plant too much.

9. If you plan on doing both I would transplant first and give it a few days to recover before pruning.

10. #10 Mozalpete, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Plant already looks over-defoliated. Looking at the plant, you should be concerned about filling your canopy not pruning. Get yourself a scrog net. Or just tie down some of the inner branches to manifold part(main stem). So they can fill out the middle part. Everything depends on what you wanna do in long run, are you gonna veg for long time? Or are you planning to flip it soon?

11. Oh really? I haven’t pruned it at all other than to create the 8 growth tips via manifold. Cool; I’ll transplant- let it fill out. Then prune. Thanks guys! Really appreciate it.

12. Yup. Definitely needed a transplant. Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1