First time making Qwiso... Success!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Established Pilot, Feb 20, 2013.

1. #1 Established Pilot, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    Whats good GC!
    Well I Just did my first run of ISO hash... I did a 50 second rinse with some Mid and 91% ISO. Heres what we started with. (we used just about all of this minus 7gs)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93459955@N08/8490497855/in/photostream/

So yeah, definitely some Mid, but none the less, I cant complain too much.

Im in the process of editing the video of the process, so keep an eye out for that. In the mean time, heres the oil over some boiling water to hasten the evaporation...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93459955@N08/8490496903/

Heres once everything evaporated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93459955@N08/8490495989/

Heres some beautiful dark oil.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93459955@N08/8490495021/

When the video gets put up you'll see that we definitely got some chlorophyll in the mix, but it definitely isnt a problem. For a Mid extract, I cant complain.

EDIT: Well, Id be interested in what anyone has to say about it... The video is uploading as I type this (2:30AM) I been studying, making oil, taking dabs, and shooting videos all at once. But check my channel on youtube for the upload, but I should be back in the morning to throw the vid up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op5ix2Npuik"]MY FIRST TIME MAKING QWISO[/ame]

2. You can make grade A golden Qwiso even with mids so if you want less chlorophyll and a clearer product just change that 50 second wash into two seperate 25 second washes to result in maximum yield and separation from the Grade A quality first wash and the lesser quality second wash.

3. Hmmm Interesting theory... I hadnt considered doing a second wash.

4. Second wash isn't worth much but you can make a tincture with it and it has a lot of medicinal compounds in it other than THC but I would not recommend drying and smoking the second wash but after the first wash your not really getting anything psychoactive, but it's good for your immune system supposedly.

5. Well, Id be interested in what anyone has to say about it... The video is uploading as I type this (2:30AM) I been studying, making oil, taking dabs, and shooting videos all at once. But check my channel on youtube for the upload, but I should be back in the morning to throw the vid up.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op5ix2Npuik]Qwiso Process - Quick Wash ISO Hash - YouTube[/ame]

7. If u want another tip, next time use a mason jar, its easier because its wider than a Hennessy bottle.
    And use a mesh strainer before you pour it into the coffee filter, this will keep the weed from clogging the coffee filter so it will strain faster, it will also keep the weed from being in contact with alcohol for longer than it needs too, if you add both of these to your process you will make grade A product every time.
    You can also do the first wash for only 10 seconds to result in higher potency but lower yield
    But the second wash will still be semi potent if you wanted to just dissolve in drinking alcohol and make a tincture like I suggested earlier :eek:

8. Lol yeah, I mentioned that in the video. Definitely should have used a mason jar.
    But what I think im going to do next time is 2 - 3 strainings. One with a metal filter to get all the plant matter, then one with a coffee filter... and then depending on the color maybe once more with a coffee filter.

9. Well the color has to do with how long the alcohol is in contact with the marijuana so the longer you have it in contact the darker green it will be, but if its only in there long enough to dissolve the trichomes then what your left with is golden because its so potent and there was never a lot of chlorophyll in the first wash to begin with, this is basically the secret of making it good each and every time.
    You've already got your process down and in a timely fashion, now the only thing you need is to have everything on hand before doing the first extraction because its the most important and your already a Qwiso master, congratulations
    Freezing alcohol and marijuana for 4+ hours before the extraction helps the clarity of the final product, and I swear by this specific step it will make your process better every time.
    More than one coffee filter should be avoided if your product is already clear because you lose a small amount each time you filter in the coffee filter because it absorbs the alcohol-THC mixture

10. this is some qwiso I made the other day. golden is possible. Freeze every thing and do quicker washes. looked like a nice yield though

[​IMG]

11. Definitely not a bad yield. I'm interested, however... How do you achieve that shatter consistency ? I mean, I actually like the oil form a bit more when it's stable, but I've always been interested in how to get that shatter.

12. low temps. What temperature do you evap at? I try to stay below 110

13. Shatter is achieved by itself if you make Qwiso with enough skill that it is yellow in color, once the alcohol is done evaporating and you scrape it into a pile while its warm and when it dries you will have a clear puddle of yellow shatter

14. Yeah I'm sure I was above that this time around. But I'll def keep that in mind for next time

15. shatter doesnt have to be yellow. I have some that looks damn near black (super amber) hard as a rock.

Im Blunter, stop trying to sound like some know-it-all and humble yourself. Your posts are ridiculous man pull your fuckin socks up.

16. Jimmy your a child what do I care what you think lol.
    All I said was in my experience my shatter was yellow, just because you use some strain that results in a darker color you see it as a reason to pick a fight with me even though I speak from experience when I have something to say.
    I've see your oils and you have no room to talk shit your a fucking beginner to extracts please keep your shit talking to yourself I'm only here to help people.

17. You're quite the character aren't you.

18. I've been make Qwiso for a while now I use Mason jars, 99% iso, only do one wash, filter with a 160 micron silk screen & then a 2nd filter with a coffee filter to get the smaller plant material. I have never had to heat my product I wait and let the alcohol evaporate by its self with a screen over it so foreign particles will not get into the final product. I give it a few days to evaporate my stuff comes out yellow and in a nice shatter or sometimes I get a butter form after pressing it with my non sick pad beautiful Hash very potent.
    When I get home I'll upload pictures =)

19. yea jimmy's oils are so bad

20. I got about 2 g so far out of this last batch used about a quarter of buds I grew. Still have some scrapping to do and a little more curing time but it looks tasty and smells potent. It is forming up like shatter.
    The pics above are this round of oil I made the others are my set up

Attached Files: