First time lst

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OGmama, Feb 7, 2017.

1. My first Grow and first LST try. I used rubber coated wire attached to the pots, it seems to be working great.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Og kush and Chemdog #4
    51/2 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yes, it does look good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. i was using LST recently and was rushing ended up doing this lol

main stem aswell on an auto

lessons learnt were don't rush with anything it always fucks up if you do and elasticated string pulls way to much on the stem and severs it

none of this you need to know cause yours looks spot on haha

Attached Files:

4. Tried topping, supercropping, then moved on to LST. The plants grow so much faster I don't know if I'll ever go back to stressing the plants and slowing them down again. Topping isn't necessary to get more tops. I've had to remove so many tops from the plants I LST'd it's crazy. They bush out like mad and never slow down.

I now only use topping to slow down a shoot that is unruly and overpowering the rest or if I have plenty of time to veg.

5. Ouch!

6. I topped these once and plan to just LST the rest of the way. Sure is fun

7. Don't ever use too thin of string. As long as your string is pretty thick you're usually safe from damaging the plant. I use a roll of old halibut ganion line I have laying around. It can probably hold 800 lbs so it works good for tying off plants. Holds a knot like nobodies business.

8. i got lucky with her she is a fighter lol the main stem healed she showed no signs of problems here is the break now 5 days later, nature is a remarkable thing

Attached Files:

9. the knuckle is gonna be HUGE haha and the best part is the other stems kicked into action as if i had super croped her

this is a pick only 4 weeks from seed already flowering and has been for like 4 or 5 days you can see the other branches are taller now than the main cola

Attached Files:

10. Honestly if you lst, you don't even need to top or fim. Just keep bending/lean the plant as far apart and as low as possible. This will built multi node site and they will become stalk like size and become a main cola. You can fim and top on top but I found out lst is enough.

This does not mean don't fim or top. They are a great method and everyone should learn to use it but you can get super bushy multiple branches just by lst. BTW, I hate fim. I screw up more than often than not.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

11. I prefer lst to anything else as well. I've been doing it to get more tops for cloning on my mothers

12. I use to use fat show laces, the ones at least half inch wide one. Work great and move and stretch as needed. I use to lay them down and grow them sideways and only let the side branch's rise. I wouldn't let that main branch get higher then about 6" above the top of the bucket kept it like a scrog but tieng down, no screen. Absolutely great results, but you gotta start rather young while they are flexible.