First time; Is this normal ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nook, Oct 23, 2019.

1. all 3 of these are the same strain (Fast Ryder II) ; my question are -
    1. is heavy/dark purple coloration near bud sites normal ?
    2. how come one is bushy one is tall and one is.. just purple all over ? shouldn't they look more alike ?
    3. as you can see the tall one and the purple one have weird leaf formations (curling down, going limp) at random places, from what I understand it is not nitrogen claw (since I do not use ANY nutes whatsoever) so what can be the cause of this ?
    thanks
    bushy.jpg purrp.jpg tall.jpg

and here's all 3 for relative size comparison
    sami.jpg

2. also - I haven't pruned/trimmed or tied them down.. that's just the way they grew by themselves
    and all of them were planted at the same time on the same day

3. oh and the last question - 4. do you think they (or any one of them) will make it through flowering (without dying first) ? they're autos and I think it's week 3 or 4 since the white hairs showed up

4. 1. Purple is in the genetics. Your grow is probably colder on the spectrum (even if not those genes.. wow)
    2. The reason one is bushy, one is tall and one is purple:

When breeding Cannabis, (I.e Purple Kush x Big Bud)

Out of 10 seeds given From the combination above ^^ you’d have:
    1 - that’s tall
    1 that’s short
    1 that’s green
    1 that’s purple
    1 tree like
    1 bush like
    1 super big buds
    Etc etc.

3. What I would be worried about are all those nasty looking brown spots on the major leafs. You should pull those fan leaves off of that plant.
    How close are your lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Most breeders I’d say do shit half ass. It’s far a few between that ever seed in a pack of seeds will all show the same traits. It takes dedication and love by the breeder and seller for all that

6. first of all thanks for your response
    about those fan leaves.. almost all big fan leaves (on the tall one) are discolored like that and I have no idea why, should I just pull off most of them ? would a clearer pic of that plant help ?

this close (about maybe 20cm (8in) from the tall one and around 30-35 (13in) from the bushy one)
    l1.jpg l2.jpg

7. What nutes r u using. How often do u feed, water, flush? What strength nutes r u using

8. I do not use any nutes whatsoever , I water them once a week, 1 liter each

9. and the reason I don't is because I can't get my hands on the well known ones here, I have some NPK but abstain from using it cause I'm afraid that I'll overdo it and kill the plant

10. Well, considering your bushy plant looks to be the healthiest IMO (in terms of lead color) you may want to try raising your left lights up a few inches.

I would definetely go ahead and pull some of those fan leaves off. But before you do that do a little research on plant deficiencies and see if you’re not having a late Phosphorus (P) deficiency or something. The colors of those leafs are scary I’d probably just yank em before anything gets worse

• Like Like x 2
  11. thanks, will do.
    Would leaving them on the plant hurt it ? because if not then why remove them ? might aswell let them function to the best of their abilities no ?

12. Nutrients.jpeg
    Did someone say phosphorous?

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 Nook, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    hm according to that infographic (thanks btw) it looks more like Ca deficiency
    EDIT:
    actually yeah it might just be phosphorus.. do you guys know of any natural/common/houshold stuff that might act as P supplement ? cause I don't have access to regular nutes :c

• Like Like x 1
  14. You're welcome.
    I think it is always easier to compare a drawing like that to the a leaf in the palm of your hand.
    So many things can look like other things... in a photo.

15. I believe it’s a phosphorus deficiency nonetheless. Bonemeal or rock phosphate are good for supplemental phosphorus.

I always lean towards cutting off any growth that’s scary in the event that it will spread. I’m your case a lot of those leaves are affected you could keep them on and try to replenish them with what they need. Maybe do that for 3-7 days before making a decision to cut them. Good luck , sorry
    For confusion I try to put my best input from what I can see and what I know in each situation

• Like Like x 1
  16. Defol’n is good to do. It opens up lower spots to light. Per @growweedeasy the fan leaves are needed through stretch once stretch is over they are ok to remove to open the plant up. U still have all the other leaves to absorb light.

• Like Like x 1
  17. What size pot and what kind of soil did u use?

18. I just noticed it’s three different pot sizes. That could be one of the reasons why they grew differently. The bushier one is in the biggest pot, so maybe it grew bigger bc the roots grew bigger....

• Like Like x 1
  19. 10L pot, soil from my garden, I grow a lotta veggies and fruit and they're always fine so I figured I'd use it for this too..I'm in the mountains of Georgia (country not the state) so I can't really go and buy some brand soil anyway (even if I knew Georgian, which I do not).

20. yes the bushy one is in 10L pot the other two are in 5L pots.. hm yeah you're probably right