First time in the great outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kush king 902, Feb 2, 2016.

1. I'm going to try the outdoor scene this spring but I have no idea if I should put it out in May or June. How long should I have them started inside for? How do I get them ready for outside? I would like to have a couple large plants but I don't see how they will get very big between June and September or October. I'm in Canada so if there are any outdoor Canadians here I would love to hear from you

2. Starting inside and getting a good time match when you set out to avoid premature flowering is one of the trickier things about growing cannabis.. Even a slight mismatch in your time can cause light shock and flowering..
    Start your seed plants under 16-8 or even 15-9 and don't change it..
    After your last freeze and when the lighting outside gets close to your 16-8 set them out..
    Look up the daylight hours for your latitude and factor in the twilight times as well.. Call it Mid May in your more northern location..
    I don't set my summer plants out till after the 1st of June but I'm down at latitude 33..
    BNW

3. Thanks man I will do that I was a little worried about going from 18 hours to 15 hours I didn't know if it would grow well at 15 hours the whole time

4. It'll be slower then a higher lighting set would be but that's the sacrifice you have to make to get a clean time matching..
    I run all my veg grow on 24-0 for the speed and all my setouts are off season so time matching is pointless on 3 of my 4 setouts per year.. I've just learned to work around that and fire new fresh plants that have never seen the 24-0 the rest of my plants are under for the summer set..
    ----------------------
    Never freezes here so I can use the outside as my year round flower room.. I keep vegging up plants under T5 high outputs and toss them outside to finish..

BNW

5. Start your seeds or clones now. Keep them inside until after clear danger of frost and then put them out. We grew 4 in our back yard last year in 5 gallon buckets and didn't put them out until the end of June. They were over 5 ft. tall by the end of August and had buds approximately 8-10 inches in diameter at their base. Be aware that the closer to harvest you get, they become like a magnet to bugs and worms and other critters that might do them serious damage. I lost 30% of our 4 last year to bud rot caused by those caterpillar type worms that get on them. Pay very close attention toward the end and have an insect killer on hand to spray with just to be safe. TWW

6. I wish it was like that here we only get one chance a year unless autos are used....and I can't grow a tree with an auto lol

7. What insect killers are safe to use on the buds? Or only use on the leaves?