First time hydro grow. Looking for advice! Pics included

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JoshGElias, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Hi all!

This is both my first hydroponic grow as well as my first post on any growing forum. I have a lot to learn and I'm hoping to not only grow some awesome bud but my grow my knowledge base as well!

The thing that pushed me to post was that my plant seems to be showing some signs of stress and I can't quite narrow down the cause. I'll try to be as descriptive and include as many pics as I can of my setup. Basically the leaves are starting to point up and there's a bit of yellowing starting to occur.
    • Trying out DWC with a 5 gallon bucket, net pot filled with clay pebbles and air pump
    • Net pot is sitting about 1.5 inches above the water level. Bottom of pot gets pretty wet and roots and starting to poke through.
    • Using a 24"x24"x58" grow tent with intake and outtake fans with a carbon filter
    • Using 1000w LED grow light place 24 inches from the top of the plant
    • Since plant is still a seedling, I set the light to give 7000 lux
    • I'm using nutrients I got from Amazon (Diablo Nutrients | Unleash the Beast). I used their recommended dosage for seedling but have no way of directly measuring the ph. I didn't think that would matter that much since it's still so tiny (although the yellowing looks like it could be nutrient deficiency?).
    I'll include pics below. Hopefully somebody can give some advice! Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome to the forums @JoshGElias, you should have joined a loooooong time ago ;)
    I Love DWC and hydro, and I can offer some advice. Lets do this:
    • I start at/near 20,000 lux, maybe just under, say 18K.
    • I exchange an ice pack in the dwc since temperature is critical, but there are better ways around this. You want the solution to be at ~18°C.
    • I ALWAYS add beneficial organisms to the sauce. If you are in the states, I recommend Garden Friendly Fungicide.
    • Looks like you are stating a deficiency, maybe iron or sulfur, not sure, maybe just a young plant, but you need to monitor the EC/TDS and the PH, like each day.
    • I like to use liquid nutes for hydroponics, although that's just me.
    • You can prune the tap root, which will cause the lateral roots to bush out.
    • You can place hooks in the top lid to help you train your plant later on.

ok that's enough tips for the day :)
    again, welcome to Grasscity.