Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time Hitting a Bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankDiesel420, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hey, I've just made a homemade bong out of a Dasani bottle and its the first bong i've ever hit. I tested it out with tobacco and I've run into a problem, how do i get all the smoke from the bowl into the main chamber without inhaling. I tried sucking in while lighting it, but i just ended up instantly inhaling the smoke. I also tried just lighting the bowl without any inhaling at all and the tobacco wouldn't light enough. I've tried with and without my thumb over the carb and i just can't seem to figure it out. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thanks for putting up with my newbiness. Have a good one and keep toking.

2. Is it airtight? I used hot glue to make my water bottle bong airtight

3. youtube Homemade bong hits if you really are that lost :confused:

4. well I would say make a larger chamber? that will delay the smoke, maybe enough for it to fill without you actually inhaling.

but then again why would you want to do that with a water bong? I would say go make a gravity (bucket) bong or a waterfall. with those you just pull the bowl/chamber up out of the water and it creates a natural suction and draws the smoke in it- and for a waterfall it's the same idea only you uncover a hole at the bottom of the container and let the water just empty out- drawing in the smoke from the top opening where the bowl is placed over.

5. Well, the whole idea is to inhale. As you inhale, if you inhale for long enough, the bottle will fill up, due to you inhaling at a speed which is higher than your lungs can absorb all the smoke. Also, keep your thumb on the carb while you're inhaling, and when you're done inhaling, release the thumb from the carb, and inhale again to clear all the smoke out of the bottle. Hope that makes sense

6. hey i've tried using hot glue before, i have a low power glue gun but did you use a higher powered one? because even for me, the glue still wouldn't create an air tight or water tight seal....

7. Even though I completely hate home-made bongs and of the sort, I'll be nice and try to help out. You're going to have to inhale for the smoke to enter the chamber but I'm confused on the method you're trying to do. Could you give us a picture of the device and maybe I could point something out?

8. Make sure its airtight, that will allow more to build up before you take a rip.

9. Thanks for all the advice guys, ill try to airtight it more tomorrow and ill just keep trying. Ill let you know how it works out but thanks, hopefully i can get a real bong from this site but im just tryin to figure out which size is the best

10. I'm just assuming since your using tobacco your not taking very good hits, because tobacco in a bong is so harsh and it just kills you lol, make sure its air tight and put some bud in there.
    Then just get it to cherry and inhale into you can't anymore, and remember to inhale slowly at a steady pace not to hard, not to weak, release the carb and try to inhale the smoke in the bottle. hold in your hit. exhale. If you followed these steps you succesfully cleared the bong. :hello: