first time growing thai x skunk seeds

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by kevinster, Mar 28, 2011.

1. #1 kevinster, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    I am currently running 4 CFL 2x 14 watts and 2x 26 watts total of 5k lumen. My plant is 12 days old. The light cycle is on 18/6 a day. When lights are on the temp is around 77-81 F and lights off around 70-73. The pH is around 6.0 nutes are on 1/4 strength and the ppm is around 500. How am i doing ?

Attached Files:

2. Looks solid so far. What kinda of hydro unit is that? What nutes are you using? what's your watering timings? What kind of lighting adjustments are you going to make during flowering? sorry to bombard you, i like copious amounts of information :D

3. im using a DWC 5gal the nutes im using are from botanic care grow and liquid karma and advance nutes micro. im doing 18/6 light cycle . im probably going to upgrade to t5 lights or maybe a hps/mh. when i flower im going to switch to a 12/12 cycle.

4. i dont think anyone is interested in my journal but here is an update of my babies. Day 15 i think they look healthy. oh yeah only growing two now gave one away !
    [​IMG]

here my other one !
    [​IMG]

5. Yea man there are a lot of journals on here and you just gotta do it for yourself because to be honest, traffic is lacking. I find it to be a good reference for myself though and it forces me to take pictures for later reference when I probably wouldn't otherwise.

6. #6 RO76, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
    What is your ppm at this stage?
    Never mind, I missed the numbers from the first post.
    But anyway when are you planing to go in a full feed ???

7. The girls look like they have gotten bigger, how are the root masses coming along?

8. there starting to grow a lot of roots and i topped one hopefully i did it right lol and my ppm now is at 800. I am adding nutes every 3-4 days. Slowly building up to full feed. I will post pictures up later on !thanks for sticking around !

9. with that thai plant your not going to want to veg very long they stretch like crazy !!!! and i would suggest you get the hps especially to finish a sativa.i have a buddy that grows thai outside and it commonly reaches 14 ft.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 kevinster, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
    good looking out alright here are my babies 20 days old oh yeah i also added a diy co2 and 50 blue led light 35watt that i made. I think it made a huge impact. Thanks for your support GC !

picture of the led light i made!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here a shot of the roots
    [​IMG]

here the 2nd plant !
    [​IMG]

the roots to this plant !
    [​IMG]

really quick questions am i suppose to trim the leaf that is under a new branch that is growing out. here is the picture
    [​IMG]

11. nah dont worry about it it will die off eventually no biggie ,yeah your roots are just hitting the water so get ready for an explosion in growth.Your baby is looking healthy and the top job seemed to help.i would really consider doing a scrog with this plant as your going to be lacking the light to really grow this one tall so need to keep it flat and the canopy all the same height you'll get a much better yield.i love me some thai though :) keep it up oh yeah liked your diy led light always like to see people build there own gear.

12. Hey, when did you get that LED? how many watts is it? That's cool you made it, where'd you get the diodes? what are their wattage? angle of light emitted?(120 degrees?)

13. its 35w 3.3 diodes angle is at 25 i think they are 1 watt each the 465nm

14. upgrading my lights to pl-55w tek lamps i think they produce 10k lumen. I will post some new pictures when i get them cant wait ! i think i over trimmed my plant :\

15. I'm a first timer as well. I'll gladly watch your grow show. I'm interested in watching you wrangle that stretchy sativa. Subd.

16. okay here is another update day 28 i finally got my tek 2 from htg HTG Supply - 2 Foot 2 Lamp PL-55 Tek Lamp and i also made a screen out of strings idk if i did it right or not. going to switch to flowering when i get my 100w hps ballast and core kit something like that
    here are the pics

this is the plant on the left side !
    [​IMG]
    and another one
    [​IMG]

the plant to the right
    [​IMG]
    one more !
    [​IMG]

17. your going to run int o a problem here the plant on the right is going to overgrow the one on the left ,need to keep them growing tips pulled under and training them to cover the entire screen with bud sites.

18. thanks for the tip i appreciate that.

19. If you could, try being picture intensive during the screen filling process? It would be nice to see how the plants progress on a regular basis! I'm going to be trying a scrog for the first time in about a month and it could be really helpful.

20. here are pics veg: 35 days and today is the first day of flowering i got my 100w hps i made myself out of a old cpu power supply and a 100w ballast & igniter for about 32 dollars ! so for flowering i am using 2 x 26 watt 2700k cfl and a 100w hps add bloom nutes at 1/4 strength.

here are the pics !
    plant on the right !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plant on the left i left some cfl next to it !
    [​IMG]

wanted to try some lst so here it is lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]