First time growing need advice and help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedactive, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Hello guys, this is my first time growing indoors as an inexperienced grower. My seeds sprouted outdoors and i brought them indoors. I noticed the tip of the leaves on one of my seedling is turning white. What might be causing this?. I have attached photos so u can have an idea how much they grew for 5 days indoors. I need them advice, thanks in advance.
    I will transplant them in their respective pots once they are strong enough to go outdoor here in the tropical climates.

Attached Files:

2. You have that bulb way too close to them and it's bleaching the leaves. I would go ahead right now and put them into Solo cups. Start them in those next time and you don't have break the roots in a multi-plant...which stresses them. Take a fork and very gently go down and around them and get them out of that pot together. The longer they stay in there, the more damage you're going to do trying to get them out. Always plant in the smallest container possible and transplant up to the next size container when the plant is as big and as tall as the container itself. Not sure what kind of soil you have them in, but using some good formulated grow soil is better or a good organic recipe that you mix yourself. That soil you have them planted in doesn't look like it's very rich or will hold much nutrition. The grow soils have everything the plants need for a few weeks so you don't have to worry about feeding them. A new seedling is very tender and fragile and the less you have to mess with it until it gets established, the better off you'll be. If you're planning on growing outdoors in a tropical climate, you better go ahead and read up about spider mites and other little buggers because they tend to really be an issue for that type environment. Good luck! TWW

3. Yes, ill put them in solo cups tommorow morning itself and ill put the bulb a bit higher.. How can i make a good organic recipe?...should i go and buy nutrients solutions?
    sorry for my english im from a very small island.

4. #4 weedactive, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    Here they are now. 24hours lighting with 2 85W CFLs. i topped them all 4 days ago and new colas are forming already. I bought Phostrogen plant food today, can i start feeding them like once a week ?. I want to learn more.

Attached Files:

5. If you get yourself some good soil, you won't need the nutrient bottles. I'm not a soil person as of yet, but there are several around here that can provide you a good recipe!

~GHG

6. Looks like you have at least 4 sets of stems off the main one, if you want to start with nutrients start at 1/2 strength or less & work your way up to normal amount, nutrients are every other feed. Water, nutrients, water....

7. Hey guys, uhh I kinda fucked up. I was transplanting my plant and my dumb ass slipped and like 2/3 of the roots came detached lol am I fucked? Just toss it or what??? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442358938.503209.jpg

8. It should be ok, may slow down growth for a few days but she will survive!

9. #9 weedactive, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
    I made a mix myself with compost and volcanic soil. Do you think i should go buy a good soil mix?

10. 1/2 strength is like 1/2 the recommended dose right?. And what about the lighting is it any good?

11. There are lots of different growing mediums you can go with... If you want to play in the bottled nutrients, then I would go with coco coir or some sort of pro-mix. Cannabis likes slightly acidic soil and people put several different amendments in it for aeration, water retention and additional nutrients. I would get either go with a quality soil that's good for cannabis or link up with someone on here that has a good soil recipe that you can mix up yourself. A soil grow where you just need to water, is likely the easiest way to grow for a new beginner. Buuuut, who knows your dirt might be good too! You will know pretty quickly if it's not, I'm sure...

12. I like the Promix HP you can add some perlite and organics to it if you want. I normally top dress my drip stakes with and organic and then use General Hydro Flora Micro, grow, bloom. If you use more organics then you should cut back the strength of the bottle nutrients.

13. Yes 1/2 what they state on bottle, so if it says 5-10ml go with 2-5ml. As far as CFL, all i know is i believe you want around 200 TRUE watts. there are usually two watt readings on the box, 9w=60w kind of thing, your going with 9w # not 60w.
    Im sure someone more experienced in the CFL area will be more helpful. I started with MH/HPS & am now growing with LED.

14. Thanks for your help guys. Now i have another question. This is my first plant 5 weeks old from seed. I can see alternating nodes but no sign of sex why is that? they say mature plant develops alternating nodes. Should i keep in on 24 hr lighting and wait or reduce time of light it gets? I really hope its a female tho what do you guys say?

Attached Files:

• wed2.JPG
      wed2.JPG
      File size:
      468.7 KB
      Views:
    • 332.JPG
      332.JPG
      File size:
      345.4 KB
      Views:
  15. I don't think it's quite old enough yet to determine sex. They typically need to be about 8 weeks old before you start to see the pistils show up...or balls. Google..."sexing a marijuana plant." There are some really clear descriptions of what you're going to be looking for when the time is right. Don't put much stock in "what you hear." You'll "hear" everything in the book. Get yourself a reliable reference source to go to for information...like Jorge Cervantes book. Sounds like you would also benefit from doing some reading on the new grower threads here on the forum. You have to know the basics. If you don't, you'll struggle from seed to harvest. Reading these posts and looking at pictures will help you pick up on growing ABC's and make your grow a more enjoyable experience. Information is definitely your friend when first starting out and the more you can get, the better off you'll be. Good luck! TWW

16. #16 Shryvone.getUsername12, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
    The first one resembles cone shaped flower starters, so my bet is an female. Good circling that.

17. I hope so mate, i will keep you guys updated with pictures.

18. [q uote name="weedactive" post="22030268" timestamp="1442853647"]I hope so mate, i will keep you guys updated with pictures.[/quotes]

How many weeks is your plant?

19. 5 weeks old.....too early to know sex ?

20. Show me some updated pics.