First time growing indoors

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hairyplopper, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Hello everyone. I'm new to growing and I'm not to sure on what I'm doing, I was giving a good amount of indoor growing equipment, a tent that's around 1 and half metre wide and may be 3 metre wide grow tent, half a dozen set of lights + ballists, globes hps/mp ranging 400w 600w and 3 6" inch fans and ducting. I was given 10 feminised northern light seeds but they wouldn't germinate just went a black colour. I was able to get maybe 15 seeds to come up and are now growing under a 400w hps light with the Batman reflecters. I noticed tonight the fastest growing seedling is getting slightly saggy leafs, I'm wondering if this is to do with lack of fans or to much heat inside the tent. I have only just started using nutrients today and they are from Advanced nutrients bloom grow and micro mixed how directed 2mm of each to a ltre of water and order. I'm using now for a fan 1 of the 6" vent fan directed towards them, are these fans ok to use like this or are they for the filters and getting rid of the smell later. I was planning to replant them in good sized buckets mixed with 70% coco and 30% pearlite and I keep the lights roughly between 30-40cms away, could spacing them out more help them possibly I'm not sure. 20200122_225242.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Took a few photos to add to my first post, I leave a tub of water in the sun for 24hrs before I water them, I give them 18hrs of light 6hrs of darkness and water them enough to keep them moist. I think the person I got it all off never really used it so advice is limited

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. These are the pots I intent to use and I'm hoping to grow maybe 8 inside the tent, im just looking for some advice, and my own thread where I can hopefully come back to from time to time to get some help.

Attached Files:

4. What size tent?
    Why did you start in soil if you're using coco?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It sounds like a 4 x 8 tent. Curious as to why you germinated all those seeds?

Take care of a bunch of seedlings through vegetation in Coco/Perlite will be time consuming and use a lot of nutrients.

The better plan would have been germinating around 6 seeds that you veg until the sex shows, then taking clones of both male and females and cross pollinate the ones that might make good hybrids depending upon you needs in the Sativa/Indica ratio.

But free is always good. I would watch the full series growingmarijuanaeasy.com. I might not have the exact title right on, but getting the basics really helps.

Pictures are always good. We also could use what your long term goals are. For fun? Hobby? Need medicine for whatever or looking to get high THC for killer bud.

There are thousands of ways to grow weed. It’s just figuring out what works best for your own situation and desires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Is it thirsty. If its light and heat the edge or serrations will curl up a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I didn't have any luck raising my first 10 in those huffy pots so I used some damp paper towel in hot water cupboard. There was a mix up having the nutrients sent to me and I read that pearlite doesn't hold any nutrients that's why we use it

8. Yeah I couldn't be sure what seeds would germinate or what seeds I'm growing so I figured id plant the mix of what I had lol I'm planning to grow and sell, keep some smoke for myself. What I would like to do is get what I can from these then buy some more northern light seeds. Thanks for your help I will be watching it

9. I measured the tent it's 9f by 4 a half, I've got another tent to go up that's half the size, once I do buy new, good seeds the best then will be used as a mother plant and have it's own tent

10. Shouldn't be thirsty I'm doing well with keeping the soil dampened, or is there a better program to feed (like every 2 hours the lights are example)

11. I'm growing to make a little money and keep a little smoke for myself, after seeing some pics on here when they are budding it makes me want to get right into it tho

12. Can someone tell me if this is male

Attached Files:

13. Yes.

14. WELL.................which is it???:love-m3j:

15. Male.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yeah, thanks for your reply everyone. A friend of mine gave me 2 fem seeds like 2 months ago and i forgot i had them untill today. They were in a tight little scan bag inside of a little plastic canister. The friend I got them off is a well known grower and was raised by his grandparents working in their hydro store growing up, his hard to understand he has trouble staying focused, he still grows 3 plants every year and he'll get so much bud of them, they barely grow high but always massive. I'm still a little sceptical, after looking on Google with a few keywords from the paper has me worried that these might be to good to be true any thoughts I don't really understand what's written on the paper to lol.

Attached Files:

17. Fuck it. Ask your homie how to get em done, he already knows.

18. Can't get a hold of him, for a few days now. Tried to call and been to his place, and no sign of his dog witch he takes every where with him, his a good dude but my girlfriend ain't his biggest fan. He gets on a lot of different drugs so when I do get to catch up I can barely understand anything he says a lot of time. His getting old and never took any care of himself and it's obvious it's caught up with him now.

19. Can I germinate/grow them the usual way

20. When I find him, I'm going to lock him in my grow room I think lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1