First time growing and need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SativaBleu, Aug 4, 2017.

1. If you want ffof go to their website and use the store locator... most of the time a local nursery will carry some and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying soil online... I can get 3cu of happy frog for 19.99

Grow journal

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I say try it lol you'll be forced to by a filter or chop early out of paranoia lol we've all been there done that just get a inline fan with the carbon filter and no worry's from then on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. YEP! Some strains more than others!
    stink.gif

4. Ipower sells a cheap 4" carbon filter I personally use it and it works fine... can be purchased on eBay.. can also buy cheap online fans on eBay as well or buy used name brands for cheap. Buy the filter new though

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's very true, my local shop triples the bag size for the same price as online.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I pay $13 for 1.5 cuft of FFOF at my local shop..Probably a teaser price, since most other things are a bit out of line..

• Like Like x 1
  7. thanks a lot guys. so whats a good setup to grow in a small tent . i only want to grow one pot

tent, filter, fan, 300w light

so buy these and I shoudl be good?

8. Tent 2x2x5 or 6
    Light
    Timer
    Inline fan (outtake)
    Booster fan (intake) optional
    Ducting (don't forget some straps for hanging)
    Carbon filter
    Oscillating fan
    Pots
    Soil
    Ph meter/solution
    Perlite
    Nutes

Grow journal

9. I didn't spend a dime until I didn't have to ask these questions.

Research research research! I can't emphasize enough. You can have all those things and still fail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. looks good
    Can you fit a 3x3x6 tent? (2-3 plants perfect)
    I would try for a 6' high (more height, the better)
    Make the pots Fabric pots
    Ph Meter is good, add the GH PH test kit though $14
    Most would think a 300w (actual maybe 135w), I suggest a 450w reflector (like 200w actual), for expansion etc.
    I have 2 Meizhi 450s (like $125ea at Amazon) plus others.:)
    Not too shabby and a few $$ less than many other popular choices (Burples)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Genetics make that list?
    Literature?
    Nutrients? Organic or synthetic?
    Should they know the difference between sativas indicas and ruderalis?

@SativaBleu just go h.a.m and you'll win. I did and I have yet to grow a plant that only yielded 10 or 15 grams. I like to go 100 or better! Lol maybe it's just me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Problem with going too small, is that growing is highly addictive! LMAO

13. 3x3x7 tent. 1 plant under 300 true watts, floating scrog inside, carbon filter and fan, air moving fan inside the tent, nutes and amendments, pots, grow medium, genetics of some kind. Temp and rh meter, ph ppm meters, spray bottle, something to measure out nutes with (if liquid)
    Get all that, do a little research, and start a journal here for people to follow and you'll be pulling 4-8 oz in 120 days or so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. is it possible to get 3lbs of yield out of each plant if i do everything you say and take great care of it?
    or would I need a lil bigger setup?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 3 pounds!?! Lmao. You'd need a couple 1000w lights, a solid 4x8 tent and a real good knowledge base.
    So no. You will never pull 3 pounds out of a 3x3.
    1gram/watt is a good benchmark to work up to. Most are lower than that though. 1/2-3/4g per watt is good. 1 pound is about 450g. So 3 is almost 1400g so 2000w would get you there.

16. Nope Cockatoo.gif
    I got a lb from 4 plants (high yielders too) using LST and a little supercropping..Before you ask, look up
    supercropping with Google! LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. And 3 pounds from 1 plant would require 12 foot ceilings and a good 6x6 at least space. And still at least 2000w of light. Good light too nothing cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. IMG_5347.JPG IMG_5349.JPG This is 1 big plant in a 5x5. Under 315w of cmh. She's gonna be around 10-14oz dry. And this girl had 0 issues start to finish. But you can only get so much. She's 63 days veg and at day 50 flower. 2 weeks to go.

19. wait what? 3 lbs is not possible out of each grow bag? dude I even got paid for 5lbs of durban posion. I told him I ll have it ready for him by november. he paid me 1000 bucks now and said he'll give me 1000 when he gets the product. I invested 100 on seeds and another 100 on soil, grow bags and stuff from amazon. so I have 800 left to get all the supplies I need to pay him 5lbs of durban posion. I was going to keep the other 1lbs for my self.
    should I have asked for $2500? I think I am not going to make anything on this and end up doing this for 1lbs for myself.

20. You are definitely not gonna make anything on this lol you aren't going to hit 5 pounds imo... are you serious though? Sounds like a troll comment... 5 pounds is worth 8-10k... should of done it for 1 pound....

Grow journal