First time grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rookiedave93, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:

1. My question is in the video .

I'm growing 2 different strains . both are feminzed sativa plants . my question is why arent my bottom buds growing ? How long till I am finished? I dont want to cut down to early .

2. Try recording a video or taking some pics in natural lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The reason that the bottom buds don't grow as large is that indoor lighting is not the sun.

The sun has the same ppfd reading from the bottom of the plant to the top. You're working in a simulated environment that has a very narrow window with optimal output of good grow light that is only about 18" or so max. If you try to get better light to the bottom buds you burn the tops.

This is the entire reason for all the training methods you see like scrogs, LST, Supercropping, or just topping/fimming. In order to get the most from your plants in an indoor grow room under artificial lighting you need to sculpt them for your grow space.

You need to create an even canopy no matter what method you use. The more even the better the end product will be and the yield. If you can get all of your major tops in that narrow window where the indoor light makes the best buds you'll get a high yield and mostly nice large colas.

You also need to lollipop as part of the training. Start at the bottom of the plant and remove all growth from the main stems until your top canopy is only about 18" deep at most. Removing the small buds that don't fully develop will divert growth energy to the main tops that actually make nice buds. They will end up larger then if you kept all the larf on the bottom.

Low Stress Training (LST) Tutorial - How to Increase Yields for Free! | Grow Weed Easy
    [​IMG]

Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. just cut off what is done . leave the bottoms going another week or 2 . if your not in a rush . some people can afford to do this others cant . they just make goodies from the bs bottoms .

5. That's in natural light.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not bad for a first grow. Looks pretty good. But like others said. You can always harvest the stuff that seems more ready than others. And than harvest the rest later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk