First Time Grower...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lodernator, May 27, 2013.

1. #1 lodernator, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    Hi there from England!
    It's my first time growing and I think iv mucked it up, I started with a seed from www.justfeminized.com and got a turbo diesel auto seed, I started seed in cotton wool and dampened it and seed was out within three days ever since then iv had plant in windowsill soaking in the sun never got warmer than 30 or colder than 24 degrees, after a month it started flowering and I got told it needed more light so after sun set I would move into coubaord for night with 3 energy saving whighlight bulbs 45 watts is that any good? Iv just used normal soil from a supermarket for flowerbeds and using baby bio as a plant feed. I feed twice a week about 15 drops in a quarter pint water? Also the leaves have brown spots and some buds hairs are starting to go brown? I doby have a pi meter as can't afford nothing to technical. Here are some pics from start till now. Any help is appreciated? Thankyou!

Sent from my ST26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. More pics from tonight

Attached Files:

3. Keep the light to 12 hours on and 12 off at this point.

4. Growing marijuana in a window sill in England during the winter is not recommended. 45 watt lightbulb is not enough light. You need 1k watts or more. Good luck!! Looks like you got a gram on your plant so far :p

5. it won't shock it if I do this though will it? It's had light 24/7 for the last month
    Thanks for your reply, do you also recommend I get higher wattage lights?

6. Haha is it a gram though or less :p good job I'm doing it for fun and not to smoke aye, can you recommend some cheap bulbs? Or how many do I need as atm I have 3... If your wondering why I'm growing I'm giving the buds to a close friend, hopefully my next grow will be better as moving it to roof next time and having a mixture of seeds, also can you recommend the best sreds for the most bud? And do I get feminised auto flowering?

7. Buy big bud seeds from reserva privada or BC seeds. Wait untill all chance of frost has passed.  Get feminised. Good luck.

8. Sounds like u using a lot of nutes, 2 times a week is too much. And u can find 6500k cfls at a farm and garden center"not Walmart" possibly even some greenhouses. We have one here called early,s farm and garden center hope it helps. Walmart has 42w 2700k cfls though. Window sun is ok for vegging but sucks for flowering. Think the window blocks a lot of light. I don't know anything about auto flowering plants but u should be using 12/12 light.

9. i would say just continue what your doing until your plant is finished. More light would be a plus, but its gonna be done flowering soon since its an auto. The amount of light u would give it now, would not increase your yeild enough to justify buying more lights. Prepare better for your next grow and your yield will increase!

You do not need 1k+ watts of lighting either. Don't know why somebody would suggest that to you.

10. #10 Buffalo11024, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    I nute twice in a week followed by plain water and my plants are great. It's all in your dosage and your cycle.