First Time Grower With Some Problems, Please Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DoctorWho?, May 12, 2014.

1. Hello there, first of all, english isn´t my native language so please excuse if there are any mistakes.

I´m a first time grower and started because I found a seed in my weed. So I was curious and started germinating it. I bought some equipment and read a lot about growing weed since then.

First of all my setup:

400W HPS & 2x 36W LED
    Grow Medium: Started with Rockwool then Soil/Coco/Perlite Mix
    Feeding "Plagron alga grow - basic nutrient" 6/10/8
    Temperature in Grow Room: 25C/77F
    Humidity: no clue but feels totally okay to me
    Size of grow room: 4 x 5 meter / ~13.1 x 16.4 feet

My plant was doing fine, i topped it once and it splitted into two parts perfectly.
    Since about three weeks more and more stems are turning red and some of the lower leafs are dying. (pics below)

I always check the PH of my water before watering it.
    I know it is to low for growing in soil but no matter what I do I can´t get it higher than about 6.
    5.5 is normal when I just use water and nutes. Any Ideas?
    My main problem is the reddish color of some stems, mainly those at the branches at the top of the plant and the dying leafs.

I´d also like to repot it to a bigger pot, but since I´m in flowering since ~ two weeks I don´t know if it´ll hurt my plant. (I bought new soil from Plagron which I really like)

And please let me know how I´m doing so far overall I attached a few pictures :)

Germinating some "Jack Herer" and "The Doctor" right now, this plant is more like a test for me.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. as for the red stems id say nothing to worry about as long as its only the leaf stems, if your main stem goes red then u got a deficiency.

Is that tin foil..... if so scrap it, it causes hot spots.

As for the droopiness id have to say over watering.

I'm only on my 2nd grow so others will know a lot more than me, but hope I helped

3. Could be heat stress, over watering or underwatering.. other wise your looking good my first grow had nothing but red stems I thought something was wrong just turned out to be its genetics also created seeds from a male to that female the one seed I germed this go around had the same red stems as the mother but wound up being a male.. hope this helps and good luck

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I can't tell from my phone, but are you sure this is a female, looks like it may be a male.

Apologies if I am incorrect, it may be just the small screen I'm veiwing it on.